PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Here's a copy of Skip's email in case anybody didn't get it or if you're unfamiliar with The Briary.... I'm new and was curious if others were attending. If you haven't been, it's truly a world class pipe shop! link to the site
Hi folks,

We are geared up for the big annual event This Saturday!
If weather permits uber talented pipe maker, Brian Rowley, will be demonstrating a few things for you. He made six fantastic billiards for the event. His pipes are called Growley pipes and are nothing short of incredible.
One of our major vendors has sent our sales rep, Jeff Smith, to display their wares. They sell Ferndown, Caminetto and assorted less expensive pipes.
I am looking forward to meeting Max Stokkebye who is the fourth generation tobacco blender from Denmark. He will be here with our old friend Mike Schaefer to show you the many tobaccos from Lane Ltd.
Don't forget to help your self to the amazing chicken fingers back in our kitchen.
See you Saturday!

Skip Elliott

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
A few of us are going. shaintiques, politicalmonster and myself I'm sure of. Maybe cosmicfolklore as this is his regular shop.

Yep, I'll be there. I may not be there all day, because I will still have to keep my own shop open, but I will be there for sure for the slow smoking contest. I can't remember whether there was anything in the email about the contest. Did he ever say what the prize was this year?

Not that I'll win it, but it's always a great incentive for me anyways, ha ha.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Michael, not sure what the prize is this year. I did see where they were supplying the pipe for the slow smoke. See you there.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Micheal, you do what you have to. We completely understand with your current life events. Hope you GF recovers quickly. :puffy:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I hope you guys have a great time. I'm 2,000 miles away northeast, and I'd love a reprieve from the bitter cold here. But, as a consolation, last week I picked up three Northern Briars from the Briary, and spoke at great length to one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable sales associates I have had the pleasure to talk with about our great pastime. Please let us know how you do, that we may enjoy it vicariously through you all!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Hi Cosmic, I don't believe that was me! I bought a bulldog, a billiard, and an apple from the Briary; all Regal Rox Cut group 4s and 5s. I did also get a few Northern Briars this month from Pipe Place (San Marcos, TX) and a couple from Cup O' Joes; those orders contained dublins, countrymen and billiards (also Rox Cut Regal Group 5s). My favorite so far is the countryman I got from Pipe Place - it is massive! I also this week picked up a new Ferndown bark lovat 3 star from P&C and an Estate Ferndown bark dublin 3 star from Smokingpipes. And I am awaiting delivery of a Dunhill shell group 6 dublin from Briar Blues. Happy New Year to me! I am waiting until warmer weather to smoke all these, though, so I may fully enjoy them.

I have PAD envy. Yeh, there was a ten inch stacked Dublin with Cumberland. It was totally ridiculous tall and long, but it kept calling me. It had excellent balance and looked like it would have been an excellent smoker. So far, the last three pipes that I've earmarked have sold before I could get my funds in order. Oh well, I've been setting money back, so maybe Skip will get in some new inventory to start earmarking again, ha ha!

I got out for a few hours when Lora got tired of me hovering over her in her hospital room. It was nice to step outbid the antiseptic world and rub elbows with my pipe club buddies and a few forum friends who came out. The place was packed. There was a wait to get the opportunity to see what was on the counters, and parking places were a challenge to find. But, all was worth it. I picked up a new Viprati bulldog, and ten new tins, with an order for a whole sleeve of some tins that they ran out of.
I placed and order for a new Rhodesian bamboo with My buddy Brad Rowley, who was demonstrating pipemaking on the porch.

I wish I could have stayed for the slow smoking contest. I look forward to this all year. But, I had my cute redhead baby all stove up in the hospital to get back to. Did anyone get pictures of the contest or report on the winner?

Here are the PM Forum hoodlums that I did get a chance to shake hands with. I hope everyone had fun, found their dream pipes, and hit back home safely.

Lora was released that evening, and now driving me crazy at home, ha ha. She's on the mend, so we expect all to be back to normal in a few more weeks.

I missed to funeral for my uncle that passed. But, his ashes were ceremoniously scattered about his favorite golf course, and your prayers helped us all. Thank you all for keeping him and us in your prayers/thoughts. It was appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.