Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
In 1948, Mr. Blandings Built His Dream House
Throughout the Entire Film Cary Grant and Melvyn Douglas Smoked Their Pipes
And Now in 2011, the Spectacular Blandings Collection Can Be Yours
Two Stunning Reproductions, Only 48 Numbered Sets in the World
Comes with FREE DVD of the movie, plus photo stills
Own This Beautifully Carved, Gift Box Collector's Set, Today!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I bought a set myself. I have number 9 of 48. The pipes are exquisitely made and are two of my best smokers. Of course,I smoked them while watching the DVD of the movie that came with the set.
Here is my own personal set.
west-coast-pipe-show-73.jpg

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
That's surely a nifty pair of pipes, Kevin....glad to see they found a good home.... :clap:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Beautiful set! And quite a collector's item. We need to see more pipe smoking in the movies again. :clap:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It actually took me three months before I could smoke them just because they looked so beautiful, and now I am glad I did.
They really have become two of my favorite pipes.
So, if anyone wants to get their hands on this rare, nostalgic collector's set (only 48 are being made), go here to order:
http://www.pipeandpouch.com/blco2pisetwd.html

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Didn't this set start out at $200 for the colection. Already up to $399. Beautiful set and I am envious.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very nice Kevin.

I can see how it would take hours/months of debate with yourself.

Or did you flip a coin... oh say a thousand times?

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
A fun movie that I can enjoy even if only smoking a cob! :puffy: (It shows up on Turner Classic Movies occasionally.)
That scene where Myrna Loy tells the contractor and painter the colors she wants the rooms painted always gets a guffaw out of me! :rofl: (Because it's so true-to-life.)

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@Collin Dow

Beautiful. But really expensive.
If you don't have the money, then anything is "expensive". No offense.
What I can tell you from firsthand knowledge though is that Craig is practically giving these away and barely making a profit at all. A LOT of hours goes into making these perfect reproductions, by hand, one at a time.
Craig (Cooper, the pipe maker) just loves the movie and came up with an idea to make this collectors item.
For the quality of the hand-made pipes, the beautiful hand-made box they come in, hand chiseled plaque both on the outside and inside of the box, plus the DVD of the movie, and the photo stills you get, this should sell for double the price he is selling it for.
Aside from loving the concept myself, the pipes themselves are amazing. They are gorgeous to look at. Feel great in your hand and your mouth, and most importantly, they smoke like a dream.
I consider this one of the best purchases I ever made. I have Dunhills that I paid double for, and these stand right up to them, and even surpass a couple of them
Put it on a credit card if you can, and don't have the cash. These are going to probably increase in value immensely too.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Kevin.. Placed my order today....Knowing my set will not be as low a number as yours... I am just hoping it is a tad bit nicer!!!! Maybe just a little bit better grain or something along those lines!! Kidding of course.. thanks for the heads up!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Kevin.. Placed my order today....Knowing my set will not be as low a number as yours... I am just hoping it is a tad bit nicer!!!! Maybe just a little bit better grain or something along those lines!! Kidding of course.. thanks for the heads up!
Awesome bowhatchie!
Try to not wait 3-months to smoke them like I did.
It would be great if you could post of pics of yours when they arrive.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
I will indeed.... just got confirmation of the order... #11 is my set number..

Status
Not open for further replies.