PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So due to some unforeseen circumstances, the income in our household has been temporarily cut in half. As such, we have had to cut back on quite a few things, but we are in no danger of losing the roof over our heads or having any utilities turned off. This also means no PAD or TAD for the near future, but the good news is that I have a whole organizer full of tobacco tins that I haven't opened, and I have about two dozen jars full of bulk tobacco as well. So instead of worrying about buying new tobaccos, I think I'm going to smoke my way through some of my cellar for the next few months. Just goes to show you that stockpiling is a good thing for when you hit a time of crisis!

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I've been there.
It's always good to be prepared for a rainy day. I'm bracing for the time they banish online sales or flavouring or some other asinine regulations, but it also comes in handy for times when I am just plain out of cash. I'm the same way with my other creature comforts - I tend to stockpile quite a bit.
I hope your house gets back in order real soon.

Jul 15, 2011
I see that Igloo just started a post that is pretty similar to this one. Our situation isn't quite as bad as his, and I feel really bad for the guy. But it sounds like there is more than one of us that can relate.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Yeah, let me make you feel better. I have 1 pipe, 1 pouch of crap drug store tobacco and a 3/4 full tin of a nice SG blend. Nothing else. Times have been really tough for me and I'm still choosing now to get into pipe smoking. :) I would say you're way ahead of some of us. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.