PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
So, every morning I pack up a pipe and some tobacco in the car on the way to work in the hopes that I'll get a break at lunch to go smoke it. It almost never happens, I'm usually slammed with this project, or this problem, or this other person complaining.
Well, TODAY IT HAPPENED!!!! I work on a University that has a great arboretum on campus and I was able to go find a secluded bench and fire up some Frog Morton in my Parker pipe and just relax for a bit. A nice and unexpected occurrence.
Anyone else get these pleasant surprises from time to time?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Yes. For me it's more looking for a social situation in which it's acceptable for me to smoke my pipe. Finding circles of friends and acquaintances that aren't pregnant or do not like any type of smoke is hard.
But when it happens I'm the life of the party.
No smoking at work for me. :(

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I think a campus would be a good place to relax and smoke a pipe under some big oak trees watching squirrels, and Spartan a circle of friends sounds great as well ! :)

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I can usually get a 15min. smoke in on my lunch break, but there's no smoking on the property at work, so I have to drive to the gas station next door. It's a lot to go through for a pipe break, but it's worth it!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I could probably get away with it at work - lots of older engineers around here, and those cigarette posts are all over outside the building...
But I prefer to relax with a pipe and a good book, and taking an hour and a half would be frowned on. :D
Last night, my wife decided to take a nap after our afternoon running around was done, so I parked myself out back with a pipe and my Kindle. Checked on the laundry after the first bowl, then fed the cats and emptied the dishwasher - then went back out and loaded up a second bowl. :puffpipe:

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
There is a smoking room on the drilling rig where I work. It is a controlled environment with an exhaust and a/c that rivals some of the best B&M's I ever smoked in. Every now and then, when the right pipe and right tobacco come together, I get a smoke that is unrivaled anywhere else.

Today I had some E. Hoffman Distinguished Gentleman in a DR. Grabow Viscount Author that I purchased around 1978. I hit the zone after the true light and had a sublime smoke for about 20 minutes. Hopefully, I will get something similar after work today with some Stave Aged 35 Virginia Ribbon and my Savinelli Bing.

Status
Not open for further replies.