PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
I popped a tin of new tobacco to try a few days ago and I did not like. In fact I wont even finish it!!!! First time this has ever happened. Usually i finish and will never purchase again. It is somewhat strange how I enjoy more 2 or 3 star rating tobacco's over the highly recommended 5 star one's.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
It is G L Pease Triple Play. I really like Jackknife Plug so I thought I would give this a try. It wounds my heart that I really don't like it. I guess I can't like them all! Please do not let my own opinion discourage anyone from trying.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Everyone has different tastes! I do not like any of the Frog Morton blends. These are a favorite of many pipers! Not me. You just need to experiment and find what you like.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
"It is somewhat strange how I enjoy more 2 or 3 star rating tobacco's over the highly recommended 5 star one's."
i can relate to that.... not all tounges are created equal

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Is it the type of tobacco that you don't like,or just a particular blend? For example I have yet to find a straight Virginia that I enjoy smoking.

Jul 12, 2011
yeah I loved jackknife plug (filled big bowl of it first time and it sucker-punched me goooooooooood...love a good Nic-Slap'in now and then)
Hi puffy; have you tried 660: Silver Flake? It does have some Kentucky in it but IMO/Damn good bacci

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
It is the blend. It reminds me of burning electronics. and you need a hammer and chisel to tamp it.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I am not a big fan of C&D blends, but my son in law loves em. Doesn't stop me from trying them though. They tend to make me nauseous. Lol, suffering is good for the soul though.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
We all have blends we don't like I tossed a tin a Haunted book shop once it was like smoking not book paper to me.

Jul 15, 2011
Ive tried Cornell and Diehl tins that most people rave over and when I smoked them, the tongue bite was so bad I could even do a second light. Some people are just that way :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.