PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Frog Morton On The Bayou
New guy here. Trying to get oriented.
Just had a bowl of the Frog. My third or fourth. Not having a lot of experience with different tobaccos I need some help figuring out what exactly I'm tasting.
What is it that makes it so good? Which tobacco in the blend is giving it that full flavor as the smoke passes over your tongue. What is that?
So thick and cool. Sweet and almost liquid feeling. Like you could almost chew it.
Help me understand what I'm experiencing. It has a bit of smokiness and just a touch of spice but my overwhelming impression of it is the "thickness" of the smoke but a very clean, sweet flavor.

Jul 15, 2011
Latakia has a strong "leather" taste is the best that I can describe it. That is probably in combination with a slight spicy taste(I believe the Bayou Frog has Perique), and the other tobaccos in the blend are listed as Turkish and Oriental. Those generally provide a slight sweet taste. I have not tried any of the Frogs but it is definitely on my list.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
I have never had, but your description is making me want to make my fourth order in two weeks...

:puffy:

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
It is tasty.... dont forget to take your froggy out on the town once in awhile... pry my favorite frog wears a tux

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i actually edited out the part in my reply about city frog yum yum
swamp froggy

When vacationing on placid waters of the Bayou, Frog Morton prefers this rich Balkan blend, to which he adds just enough precious Louisiana Perique. Smooth and dark and calming, a relaxing Balkan Blend.

Latakia

Perique

Oriental

Turkish
city frog

Frog Morton formulated this exceptionally mellow blend, fragrant with Basma, smooth and rich with Latakia, for his evening at the opera. This is an elegant companion to the original, soft, full Latakia blend.

Latakia

Oriental

Turkish

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm an OTB fan. Just enough spice to give it a little kick. Those tins, in PA, are also priced reasonably. I haven't tried any other Frog blends yet.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
One of the marks of a great blend is that you can't quite identify every component. A great blender (and Mike McNeil is one of the best) works hard to combine components whose individual flavors meld into a taste that is better than the sum of the parts.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
I love all the Frogs. My two favorites personally are OTT and OTB. Smoke one of the two at least daily.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
What other blends would you say fall in the same style as the Frog on the Bayou?
Is shortcut to mushrooms similar? I keep reading about it being really earthy.

Jul 12, 2011
MC's Bombay Extra - not to say following the exact blend of FMOTB (I love those frog blends), but a SUPER smoke as well :puffy:
MC's Bombay Extra

We began with Bombay Court, darkened the Virginias, added a touch of Perique and increased the Latakia, resulting in an enriched version of a unique and popular formula. This blend provides added depth and complexity for those seeking a richer, fuller, Oriental Mixture for after dinner or evening enjoyment.

Jul 12, 2011
@hardlined..worth getting some FMOTB and FMOTT as well as some Bombay Extra ;-) sorry to feed the TAD :wink:
I have to snag some Black House and Mag Opus as well as new supplies of the frogs as well :puffy:

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Tried and loved both of the frogs and man are they tasty!! actually im gonna have to have a bowl of one of them tonight..now i just gotta decide which one!!

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
I was looking at the Frog Mortons for my next TAD purchase. OTB looks like it may make the list.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
if everyone liked the Frog blends, and especially OTT, you should try C&D's Tuskegee Airmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.