Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I know it will be a short post... but I just opened a new tin of Nightcap... man is there anything better than the smell of a newly opened tin? god damn its a beautiful thing... first thing in the morning have strong coffee in hand went for the nightcap ran out so opened a tin and ooohhh baby that first smell.
yeah sorry... couldn't contain myself :P ... now if you'll all excuse me, I have a bowl, of some of the best all day tobacco there is, waiting for me. :puffy:

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I'd have to agree and even more so for a new blend that you're trying. There's the anticipation then that whoos pop of the seal breaking. I don't know about you guys and gals but illaost stick my nose down in the leaf to fill my nose and mouth with that smokey/sweet/natural smelling wonderful bringer of relaxation and pondering.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I love opening a tin, like Philobeddoe says, the whoosh is very satisfying. I mostly get flake/navy cuts, and I think my fav - for the smell in the tin - is Erinmore. They all have their distinctive aroma (in the in), which of course is the individual character of the tobacco and this is one the things that makes in interesting, educational so to speak and fun. I often just smell the tobacco in the tin, which I;m sure you do, as well! I have collected lots of tins and when I get tobacco by bulk, in a bag of some kind, I store it in "vintage" tins. Part of the hobby aspect.
PS - I think the "new" Erinmore is even more scent satisfying in the tin because of the larger size flake.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I wonder what would happen if you opened a tin of NC and a can of coffee at same time? Would probably be like exhaling before a sneeze. Everyone should try that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.