PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
It was birthday of Adam (clickklick) 2 weeks ago and to celebrate his birthday he was going to open an old tin of something but he didn't know what. So he was asking for help. And he stated that
Who knows, maybe the first person who chimes in with a suggestion, and that's the one I choose, will get a small sample sent to him or her
I wasn't the first one to comment so I was totally waiting for nothing, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday and asked him to go for the 3rd tobacco in the list. He asked for my address and said that will send some tobacco to me as well. As you can see he was supposed to send a small sample.
I live abroad so it is impossible to find any pipe tobacco here (except Captain Black). I order the tobacco from P&C, I pay for the shipping, they ship it to a forwarding company in the States, and I inform the warehouse of that company regarding the package, invoice amount, tracking number, etc. and that company forwards them to my country, I go to the local warehouse of the company, pay for the international shipping and pick up the goods. What I am trying to say is I am not that lucky to wake up in the morning and check my mailbox to see a box of tobacco tins that I had ordered few days ago.
Anyway, today I went to pick up the tobacco and guess what's happened. Adam didn't send a small sample, but instead he sent me this
2016-02-19-133221-450x600.jpg

McClelland PCCA Winter 1995-1996 and Levin Pipes Klenderwood from 1993.
That guy sent me at least an ounce of 23 years old tobacco and an ounce of another 20+ years old tobacco. Obviously, he was lying, he didn't open a tin but a barrel of them :) Thanks a lot Adam for your generosity. This gift made my day and I am going to smoke them tomorrow for IPSD.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Oh, I forgot to mention, as soon as I opened the envelope, the smell filled the car. My colleague went with me, he was buying lunch while I was digging the envelope, once he entered the car he was like "damn, what the heck is that with full body aroma?". And he is not even a pipe smoker.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Outstanding! Funny how we guard our tobacco like gold, but give it away willy nilly. :)
Way to go Adam!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Good on clickklick, and congratulations on your serendipitous surprise. Let us know what you think when you smoke it.
I am not that good with the tobacco description stuff, but I will try to share my experience for sure.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Just finished my first bowl of PCCA Winter. The moisture level was amazingly perfect. I couldn't catch Perique, Orientals were here and there from time to time. Virginia was the main actor with Latakia being the main actress. It smoked very cool, had no bites at all. Through the end of the bowl Virginia killed the Latakia and took the main seat. I now believe in mature, well aged tobacco.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Levin Pipes Klenderwood - first bowl smoked. Orientals are the main players, latakia is just going all along with the orientals, virginias are not that strong, my guess is they have used some light ones in that blend. It smokes cool and dry, personally I liked PCCA Winter more.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
You are very welcome!
Glad they got to you safely!
The Klenderwood takes a few bowls to truly taste it. The winter is pretty good from the first puff.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I got the same too from the Clickman. I haven't touched it yet. Jarred them up and plan to give them a go when I get thru with this outage job I'm on. Thx Click! Youre a champ.

Funny how we guard our tobacco like gold, but give it away willy nilly.

So true!

Status
Not open for further replies.