PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kid20acmc

Lurker
Aug 30, 2013
Hello guys greetings from the sea! it's me kid im new here and also to this kind of thing. Heck i don't even join forums but for this new hobby i think i would give it a shot. i don't know if im doing it right or posting it in the right place. I hope you guys would understand. i have been smoking for 4-6mos. now and ah... im a heavy cigarette smoker i still smoke a pack a day even after i learned how to smoke a pipe. My wife really hates smoking but she prefers tobacco more than cigarettes so its a good thing eh, i just recently bought 6 new pipes around 30usd at new york. well.. i don.t know if its good or not and... so that's it. i hope to learn more from you guys by the way im a sailor and im from Philippines. More power!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
kid20, welcome. By sailor, do you mean U.S. Navy, or a merchant mariner, or are you on your own boat? Doesn't

matter, but it sounds like you made port in New York City where you bought your pipes. I've been to the Philippines,

Subic Bay to be exact, which was a U.S. Naval Base that closed a long, long time ago. Lots of information on

pipesmagazine and Forums. Let us know how we can help.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome kid! Pipes and sailors go together like bread and butter. Good luck if you choose to leave the cigarettes behind. I have to agree with your wife -the pipe tobacco is way more pleasant. :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome kid - good to have you here. I am surprised you found pipes in NY for only $30. Tough to find anything for that little in NY!

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Welcome to the forum , I'm pretty new to the whole pipe smoking things as well. I think one of my favorite things about smoking a pipe is the amount of different types/blends of tobacco. Coming from a cig smoker I can tell you I far more enjoy pipe smoking. My family enjoys it a lot better as well. I don't stink anymore! I smell like fine tobacco.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Great to have you join us. This really is a great site with lots of very friendly & helpful people. Welcome aboard lol.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Great to have you join us, Kid.
As I've said many times before, if you can't find it here, it does not exist.
Happy pipe smoking and hunting and gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.