PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaycobbery

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2015
North cacallaky
Sent off my beloved zippo pipe lighter for a repair ( loose hinge on lid) they not only fixed it better than when I bought it but per my request sent my old insert back AND gave me a new one for no charge, so I was able to put that in another regular zippo case and now have two zippo pipe lighters. Totally unexpected, I am now more of a zippo fan than ever before!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Zippo is an amazing company, with outstanding customer service. I exclusively use Zippo lighters for lighting my pipes. I am not a big fan of the 'pipe' insert, I like the 'regular' insert better. Either way, Zippo in great. I'm happy it worked out for you.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Zippo also makes the Ronson pipe lighter that you can get a Walmart. Got one and it didn't work...back to Walmart to get a refund. if this one craps out I'm gonna send it to Zippo and see what happens (fix it, replace it, yada, yada).

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I do like the reliability of my Zippo, but find the fluid evaporates to quickly. I might have to try the petroleum jelly trick or the plumbers tape trick.
Uncleyoda, by 'pipe insert' do you mean the cap at the top of the lighter? Does it really work better without it?

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
When you refill the Zippo fuel, you have to take the gizmo out of the shell. A pipe insert is identical, but instead of the flame going out of the top, the pipe insert has two opening on each side. You hold the zippo horizontally over your pipe and draw flame down onto the tobacco.
https://lucaslighters.com/zippo-lighter-pipe-brushed-chrome.html?language=en&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlK7cBRCnARIsAJiE3MigAOj3lQJCcNZTjogZyuwJk4RhNAwUDKzh2jtfUGI9J9bLdQ4CbS8aAsTTEALw_wcB

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Winton- this one, yes?
200PL-700x700.jpg

To embed a photo here from almost any website, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
I do like the reliability of my Zippo, but find the fluid evaporates to quickly. I might have to try the petroleum jelly trick or the plumbers tape trick.
How quickly is too quickly for you? I get 4 or 5 days or so, and that seems OK to me. Also, the cost of fuel is trivial, since I use Hardware store naptha. I think a gallon is about 19 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.