PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtgallet

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Being new to pipes and new to this forum I want to extend my gratitude towards the community. I especially want to thank one member (Local guy from Toronto who I will not use his name because I don't want others to reach out to him for freebies) who was more than kind enough to offer me tobacco samples to get me on track and help me enter this world of pipes. Not only did this member go out of his way to offer these "samples" he in fact gave me 5 zip loc bags which were so full to the point where nobody could possibly call it a sample! The generosity this member showed towards a noob like me is something I will never forget. Beyond this member, the community in general has been more than helpful towards me, from helping ID my first pipe, to helping me pick tobacco and online retailers to helping me pick my second pipe! So thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Even though I am Canadian and already had our thanksgiving I have much to be grateful for on this American thanksgiving.

Cheers!

Dec 24, 2012
mtgallet - You are holding out on us. As a fellow Canadian who resides in your area, surely you can tell me who the generous guy is who is handing out samples? :twisted:
Congrats, and glad you are enjoying the forum.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
You will find that the majority of the pipe smokers in this community are all here to learn, smoke, and help!

Your new Chacom and Rossi are going to be having some serious workouts for the next little while!
Shutterbug

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
There is no other hobby that exhibits as much brotherhood and generosity than ours does! Happy Holidays!

mtgallet

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
I cant wait to dig into these samples! Turning a bowl into ashes very shortly. Happy Thanksgiving to all

andrearoberts

Lurker
Nov 29, 2013
I'm new too and it already seems like a good community to be a part of!
I hope to bump into you guys on some threads soon!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Good to see you here.
I'm a recent cigar-to-pipe convert and the good people here have helped me up the learning curve to the plateau of pipe happiness.
So don't be shy. We're here to help you enjoy your new hobby.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I honestly think you are doing a disservice to the generous person. How are we going to know who to chisel copious amounts of free pipes and tobacco from if you do not give him up. Now spill the beans or it is you we come after.
Seriously, I have not seen one instance where people asked for free stuff because of a thread like that, us pipe smokers are way too classy.Now if you are talking cigar smokers, we know how those neanderthal's behave. lol

mtgallet

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Lol @cigarmaster! I dont know if its a good idea. The person who was so generous posted in this very thread so if he thought it was a good ide, he would have taken credit. And being a cigar smoker myself thanks for the neamdrethal comment lol! But judging by your screen name its all good.

Seriously though. Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I have a wide assortment of tobacco to narrow down my preferences and see what I like, and I have a wide range of knowledge thanks to all of you!

now to figure out how to resist ths urge to buy yet another pipe! I keep seeing a peterson straight smooth pipe, an apple I think? Not sure what model it is because if I find out I will succumb to the temptation! Its such a beauty though with its broad silver ring between the briar and the stem. Ok I gotta stop now hahaha

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mtgallet, glad you caught my name and the joke, lol.
If it is an apple you have your heart set on here is one that I think is quite pretty and obviously a bargain.

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/matzhold/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=122810

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most often the benefactor gets as much or more out of these generosities as the recipient. It sounds corny and

people can be cynical about it, but it is so true nonetheless. Nature of the human creature.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Enjoy--and welcome. Any one of us is at your disposal. I'd be happy to send you some tobacco samples also, but I think getting them across the border might be troublesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.