PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Who has one and what do you think? I'm thinking about making one but am wondering if it really gives a cooler drier smoke.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Neat Pipes has a pretty good write-up regarding the Radice AeroBilliard that you might want to look at. I've been wanting one of these beauties for a while, just haven't had the scratch.

http://www.neatpipes.com/Artigiano/radice-chubby-aerobilliard/&id=29

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for posting. I understand the design but am wondering how they really smoke and if there is a noticeable difference between one of these and a regularly drilled pipe.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Haunting a number of pipe carver Instagram accounts all I've heard about them is great things. Almost everyone has said they do produce a noticeably cooler drier smoother smoke and bring out the flavors in the blend a bit more because of it.
I hear Grant Batson is very good at it and Phil Rivara has produced some solid reverse calabashes as well.
Personally I'd haunt some Instagram accounts and find a carver you like and contact him about it.
Walt Cannoy just did one he calls the Penny Farthing that is just tremendous. I'll try and load a picture of it later on.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
walt-cannoy-penny-farthing-pipe.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
I own three: A Radice Aerobilliard, a Bruce Weaver, and a Negoita conducta.
I will be honest - I have not noticed any real difference.
That said, this fellow did an experiment and did show some measurable difference in the temperature of the smoke, particularly with respect to the ungodly large (and hideous) second-chamber in the Anthony Harris pipe:
http://tobaccodays.com/articles/100-proven-reverse-calabash-pipes-provide-a-cooler-smoke/

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Could you post a pic of the Weaver? Love his work and own three of his pipes. Would love to see what one of his reverse calabashes looks like. Might have to commission one!

Status
Not open for further replies.