PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

physicsman

Lurker
Sep 23, 2014
I Google Tambolaka every now and then to see if it pops up. A few weeks ago it started popping up for sale in indonesia and the source traces back to one cigar shop: http://javan-cigars.com/id/ near Jakarta, Indonesia.

They have both the cut and uncut versions. Prepping the uncut is an ordeal beyond the normal plug prep so if you're going to do this and want to jump in pipe first you may want the cut version.
The Process:

* Contact the shop via the email listed on their page. (They seemed happy to do business)

* Set up a TransferWise account to send the money (cheapest and easiest)

* Select shipping and products

* Send money via TransferWise (abt. 3days)

* Received tracking info and picture of shipping receipt from Javan Cigars.

Info From Javan Cigars:

* Shipping & Payment

* Tambolaka Prices: CUT (~$19) | UNCUT (~$15)
My order tooks just over two weeks from start to finish.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You can get the stuff over here as I see it for sale on odd occasions. I am very partial to a Tambo-Condor mixture during the winter months. What quantity do you get for $19 as the steaming the rods of the stuff to cut up can be a little on the time consuming side.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
That's cool. I still have a lot left or I'd give it a shot. Is it still being produced or is it old stock? Any indication/ guess? Thx.

physicsman

Lurker
Sep 23, 2014
It's still being produced. My guess is that its seasonal.
you get 100g in the cut version http://javan-cigars.com/id/tembakau/tembakau-pipa/tambolaka-natural-100-pipe-tobbacco

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Tops the list for the most foul substance on the planet for me. I immediately threw the bag in the trash and the damned rotten sh!t ghosted ny pipe.
Enjoy. 8O

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Damn Hobie I would have traded you for the stuff if I had known! Anyone else planning to throw Tambo away just PM me and I will trade something agreeable for your unwanted stock piles.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When 4noggins had Tambolaka, I enjoyed it. It's full-strength plus! Since I discovered Tabac-Manil Semois, I have little interest in getting more Tam' if hoops must be jumped. Scarcity itself doesn't motivate me much, and I consider availability a kind of blender loyalty to its customers. But all due credit to those with the energy and patience to track down the scarce items. Tam' is a lively jolt.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Never ceases to amaze me how much different people's sense of taste/flavor is. Just glad we all don't like exactly the same thing.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Tambolaka is totally great. Sort of like a tropical Lakeland. Glad to hear it's available, albeit with some struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.