Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

TAD arrival

(10 posts)
  1. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

So i put an order in through smokingpipes and it finally came today! Shipping up to Canada i thought it would take forever but it took 8 days including the weekend, so i am very very happy.

Got some Frog Morton, G.L.Pease Cairo, FVF and Squadron Leader. So i lit up some Froggy this evening. My very first exp with not just the Frog but with Englishes entirely. Boy oh boy what was i missing. All this time i had no idea what "smooth creamy" was meaning, now i understand. I love it.

I hope to try them all soon except the FVF. I'm going to pull a flake to try and pop the rest in a jar for some maturing.

I'm in totally uncharted territory for me now with all of these tobacco's...and i'm liking the journey so far.

Have a good night all...now to see if the wifey likes the hint of Lat on me when i go to bed haha.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Nice haul Alex -- enjoy

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. yazamitaz

yazamitaz

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alex,

I also just ordered some Froggy, Chelsea Morning, and Dunhill EMP as my first foray into "real" tobacco. I am hoping to get them tomorrow so I can enjoy them over the weekend.

I wish you well on your new journey.

Cheers,

Dan

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. bubblehead33

bubblehead33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds like some great picks. I haven't tried any of those blends but have heard good things about them. Happy smoking man!

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really enjoy Frog Morton...some great tobacco their.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 6 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I'm in totally uncharted territory for me now with all of these tobacco's...and i'm liking the journey so far.

Same here, Alex. I'm exploring VaPers and VAs myself trying to narrow down the list of finalists. I have a TAD order coming in tomorrow from smokingpipes.com and I'll be ordering a pipe from them soon, too. So far I'm finding out what I like and don't like first, learning the characteristics of each by smoking an entire tin of what I order (except for one that I smoked a 1/2 tin of and then tossed it because it was totally eclipsed by another) and getting familiar with the genre. All part of the journey!

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. jah76

jah76

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Glad your enjoying it! I still haven't gotten around to trying the original Frog's. Keep meaning too.

Yazamitaz, I really really enjoy Chelsea Morning. Smooth, sweet, and creamy. I've been playing around with the "breath smoking" method someone brought up last week and it suits this tobacco perfectly.

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

Well the Frog is great. I had my first bowl yesterday and i was sold.

The tin note, with being totally new to this type of tobacco, was odd to say the least(i only have exp with aro's and some terrible ones at that). But once it got smoking it was phenomenal. I had a packing "issue" that caused me some frustration towards the lower end of the bowl, but that was purely user error haha...once things got going again i was a happy camper. So far i have yet to smoke a pipe tobacco that i "craved" the next day, and well...guess what i was doing all day at work haha

If this is a good intro English i am very very excited for the Squadron Leader.

I'm also breaking in my new Brigham, but i'll make another thread with some good PAD pics soon...

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

If this is a good intro English i am very very excited for the Squadron Leader.

I find both the Froggy Original (I'd only tried it and the Cellar) and the Squad Leader to be mild English blends and good "entry level" selections. I didn't care for the Squad Leader, but many puffers love it.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. homeatsea

homeatsea

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just ordered my first Frog Morton. It will be my first experience with an English, and I picked it on many recommendations like roth's. Supposed to be quite mild and enjoyable. Looking forward to giving it a try.

-Home At Sea
    Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lestrout, ajohnb, scrumpyjack, weezell, canadianpuffer, jiminks, sablebrush52, dmcmtk, chilllucky, brl25, marc75, pipesinperu