PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2017
Hello all,
I'm new here. I have been posting on tobaccoreviews.com (http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/33707) for the past couple months, and figured I would join to make new pipe pals/ contacts in Europe, and learn about new blends I haven't tried yet.
I would like to share a hidden gem. Szabó pipes are a small, family owned pipe company that produces quality pipes at a very affordable price. Their most premium pipes are around $50-60, and are an absolute steal considering the quality put into the more premium ones.(no I do not work for them and this is not a sales pitch.)
They sell $10-20 pipes of questionable quality, but still make great smokers. I would highly recommend the 'Szabó Premium Limited Pipe' ($50-60), but the 'Cooperation Bruyer Pipes' ($25-35) look nice as well.
http://pipagyarshop.hu
I own 2, but this is my most recent:
SZABÓ PREMIUM LIMITED PIPE
sc037-750x500.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very interesting, I don't think we have any other Hungarian forum members. My mother was born in Sopron.
Those Szabo's look nice. How much is $13,600 FT in US dollars?

Never mind, they had a Euro conversion. Thats about $50, seems too good to be true for that Rhodesian spigot?
Do you know what materials they use (Briar, vulcanite or acrylic?)

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Welcome to the forum! I have family on my mom's side that are linked back to Hungary.
Those are nice looking pipes.
Hope you stick around. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Oct 16, 2017
SSJones: According to the website the Cooperation and Premium ones are made of imported Bruyer wood with an Akryl mouthpiece. That's all the info I can find now.

fetidbog

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2016
I wish I would have known about them when I visited Hungary back in 1991. I'll have to give their website a look. Thanks for the information.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
wilhelmjoharsanyi, welcome to the forums.
Al, I think we had a member from Hungary, haven't seem him online for a while however.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
wilhelmjoharsanyi welcome aboard. Interesting, given the fact that I live in Temesvar, I will make it a priority to visit them next time I go to Budapest. köszönöm :puffpipe:

Omlash

Lurker
Jul 17, 2019
Mine have just arrived today, safe and sound, quick delivery. It is really good value for the price, premium quality. I honestly have to tell this is my first pipe, and my very first smoke today.

Status
Not open for further replies.