PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
One thing I noticed when I was trying to smoke in the car was that I have never ever ever burned a hole (even partially) in jeans, while I have in every other type of material, with a leather jacket (the hard leather kind) I have noticed the same thing. It looks like a leather jacket and jeans are impervious to this as it has never happened (not even discoloration) in a whole year. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just getting lucky?

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hmm, I wear khakis and usually a wool coat in the winter while driving to work. Have never burnt anything (yet!!)

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
When I smoked cigs I managed to burn just about every bit of clothing I had. Since I switched to the pipe, not a thing...

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Once in awhile I'll get an ember from my pipe that jumps out and singes something. When I smoked cigarettes I burned everything including between my fingers as I tried to pull it out from my lips and the cigarette stayed glued to my lips and the cherry burned me between my fingers. SOB that hurt. That is a very tender part of the hand.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
@jpberg I typically wear synthetic work-out clothing a lot and polyster and nylon apparently burn extremely well... Hot ash will fall out of the pipe from puffing wrong every once and a while and melt my clothing. I fixed this by wearing a leather jacket and jeans and just realized I've never had it happen to them. I am also using a large cob in the car called "The General," so I don't have hot ash comming out so much as I don't fill it up all the way while in the car.

wmhines

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
Maybe get one of the metal wind caps for your pipe if you drive with the windows down while smoking. They're cheap and they work.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The cheap metal windcaps are very difficult to put on and remove, there's no hinge for easy use.

Status
Not open for further replies.