PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
There is an add I've seen on our most beloved forums that talked about Sutliff being able to find you the perfect tobacco for you. Since I just recently found Molto Dolce which, if you've read my last like twenty posts you know, is by far my favorite aromatic that I have ever tried. After I clicked on the ad and answered a few fun questions I was given my results and told that Molto Dolce is my perfect match. Which was amazing because it's like heaven in a pipe, but I was looking for another Sutliff I may like just as much if not more. Any recommendations?
Has anyone else that's taken the test tried their "perfect tobacco", if so what were you thoughts?

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I took the survey and Molto Dolce came up for me as well. I have not tried it yet... But after seeing your posts, I am excited to!

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Let me know how it is Scrapyard!
And smokey if you buy some and don't like it for any reasons, maybe we can make a trade. I really love this stuff haha

The three "flavors" it recommended for me are ones that I tried, but didn't like. Molto Dulce is a favorite of mine, but it wasn't on the recommendation list... which is par for the course for me. I've never done so well on matching and dating sites either. I always tend to do better with tobacco and women by shopping from what others are having :wink:

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Haha alright, shayde! I just bought some tobacco, and I think I would be in the dog house if I bought any more... But perhaps I can see if someone in the family is interested in getting it for me for Christmas. :wink: It's not pricey on 4noggins. And, if I happen not to like it, I shall let you know.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I've actually got a tin of Barbados Plantation that I haven't cracked open yet, it was a gift from a fellow forum member. Along with my most loved Molto dolce. I haven't gotten to the rest he sent me yet Great Outdoors, Charlemagne, and Moulin Rouge.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Haha it seems Great Outdoors is pretty much hated on the forums, I've seen a few guys saying it's alright. but for the most part every body says it's the wort thing they've ever smoke, and stuff like that.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Wow,,just tried it and it said, Blend #5, and that was 100% correct!

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
This system keeps matching me with Tabic Noir and there is no way I am going to break down and buy this. I have tried one Sutliff blend, Navigator, and it was an all black Cavendish. Man it sucked. The Molto Dolce sounds great though and I might break down and pick up a tin for the holidays to smoke around the in-laws.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I'm about to take advantage of their McClelland deal this month. I missed out of the buy 3 and fourths free deal, when was that??

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I'm drawn to the sutliff private stock tobaccos because of the price, but have been off-put by some of the reviews. I got some Top Shelf (aro, bourbon) because I like bourbon (alot). After cracking the tin and taking a whiff, it smelled more like Jim Beam Red Stag (which isn't bourbon, dammit!). It also stung my nostrils. I left it open to dry out for maybe 2 weeks. It was very moist to begin. I tried some, and it was ok.
I've heard that they are heavily cased, and do require some significant drying time.
I also have tins of No 5, French Quarter, Molto Dolce, Maple Street, and Great Outdoors. Haven't gotten around to trying any of them yet, as I have so many options of what to smoke right now. I think these tobaccos might be smoked in cobs for me, possibly stored in my glove compartment so I can smoke in the car whenever I want.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've taken the "perfect match" test twice - once to figure out which freebie tin to order back when they were doing a giveaway (I got Molto Dolce - and it is a nice aromatic), and once after someone else was asking if anyone had ever gotten any results OTHER than Molto Dolce (I think Tabac Noir was the next most common result). Don't remember if I got Tabac Noir on the second attempt, as I'm short on jar space for any new tobaccos. I may need to start puffing again to get through my backlog. :D

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I took it a while back and it did introduce me to Blend No. 5, one of my favorite blends, so I am happy.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.