PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Street was one of my first tobaccos. I still really enjoy it.
Winton

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Funny how everyone's taste differs. I love maple syrup on pancakes and waffles, love maple candy/fudge. But just the thought of maple flavored pipe tobacco makes me want to gag. I like vanilla, rum, bourbon, and cognac tobaccos, but I couldn't ever stomach those flavored with fruit or wine. Weird.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
My wife thinks it smells chocolatey...I do not enjoy the 1/3 of the bowl as much as the last 2/3. It settles in about halfway through.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Seriously? I had no inclination to ever try this or any "maple" tobacco until I read this! What a great review!

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
The last time I tried a maple tobacco was Rum and Maple in the brown package in about 1963. That sated my curiosity. Maybe I should try it again.

SteveNH

Lurker
May 14, 2013
The stars are lining up. I just got Maple Street in a great buy one, get one free, local deal. And I happen to ask for a Peterson 106 Christmas 2013 pipe to celebrate the beginning year of the hobby for me. Great article, paints a fantastic picture. Coke in the morning! but I digress.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Congrats pipetradition! The 106 is a nice smoke, but doesn't get the action of my other pipes because of its size--i tend to be a clencher, and it's a big one.
I was asked about C&D's Autumn Evening in a pm, and I have to confess I like the Sutliff take on the maple aromatic better. Autumn Evening doesn't agree with me, also confirmed over ~8 ounces smoked over the course of a couple years (okay, probably 5 ounces and I gave a friend the rest). It's quality leaf and well-made, just not for me.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I tried Maple Street for the first time this week, based on the review and was really taken by it. The maple is not overly sweet, but it is there. I found it to be a nice medium, cool smoke, with mild maple sweetness throughout. This will be a regular in my rotation for a long time to come.

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
I ended up giving my Maple Street away. It left a chemically taste on my palette. Wasn't digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.