Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I have to confess that I am definitely a Virginia / Perique Freak! I love that stuff, and apparently so does Mr. Roberts. The latest new blend from Sutliff Tobacco commemorates the founding of Sutliff Tobacco in 1849. Henry Sutliff opened his first tobacco shop in San Francisco of that year. This fine Virginia/ Perique mixture sounds quite intriguing.
Here's our review -

Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 1849

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Smoking a tin of 1849 at the New Orleans Pipe Club meeting, and it's fantastic.....it does contain Red Virginia, so if anyone has trouble with Red Virginia...be forewarned

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
Being a noob, is there something about Red Virginia that would cause "trouble"? Nic content?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Having just gotten into VaPers and being a fan of Sutliff's, this blend just shot to the top of my list for my next order.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
unholy1, some people have sensitivity to Va Red Cake, nothing life threatening, just a reaction. It's not

the nicotine, I don't think. I don't; most don't.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Regarding the red VA component, it's used practically as a condiment in this blend--just enough to spice the flavor. I'd guess there's as much or slightly more Perique than red in it, in fact. I too am sensitive enough to red to get a little sting from it when first smoking, before I've let my palate adjust, and there is no sting in the well-rested blend. A thoroughly enjoyable tin that I went through all too fast at 1.5 oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.