PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Anyone else find surprises in their GLP tins? So far I've found whole leaves of Latakia, flakes of Red VA, chunks of stalk, and generally just amazing tobacco. I feel like these little surprises contribute to the feel of the blends being handmade, almost as if they were blended by the tin. Having those little touches really adds to my enjoyment of Mr. Pease's blends.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
LOL, there's manufacturing issues with everything made by humans and non-humans. I find stalks in every container, I just throw those away and cut up any chunks that are too large. Lucky for us manufacturing mistakes in pipe tobacco won't affect our enjoyment of it :)

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Actually in my last tin of Ashbury I found two whole leaves of Latakia and took them out and smoked them on their own. It was quite interesting and actually an enjoyable experience. I also think since the tin was from '07 the Latakia was mellowed enough to smoke straight.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just opened a tin of Chelsea Morning, why I don't buy more of this is puzzling. A great blend, you really don't hear much about. It has a hand-broken flake feel, which I like.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Got me a stick looked like a sling shot for GI Joe .I think it is awesome to find a whole leaf or several and I would smoke them on their own too . Sometimes you get the feeling Greg said just a pinch more, just for you . As for the sticks they impart a very earthy tobacco scent . These are not for smoking but for blending flavor and time ,well at least I hope they are . :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Be interesting to know how the professional blenders feel about this, if it is not a consideration, or if they would

be embarrassed to have another blender find these undigested pieces in a tin they'd packed. I think if I were

blending, I'd want a degree of consistency in size and content, not pureed, but cut to a size, whether stem or leaf.

A little gives a tin personality. A little more just looks careless, even if it is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.