PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
I've read that one can use surgical tubing to make soft pipe bits. Can someone recommend what size tubing to use?
Thanks.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I think it would depend on the stem as to what ID of surgical tubing to use. I have some pipes with pretty wide stems, and some with quite narrow stems.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I bought this at Lowes. It stretches pretty good and fits my meer with a good sized stem. Nice and thin by the time it stretches out.

aMhpVPB.jpg

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I bought a length of latex hose from Ace to try. It was horrible....chewy and squeaky.

Not at all a pleasant experience. I would compare it to chewing on rubber bands.

My preference is shrink tube...much thinner, more rigid and a superior mouth feel to softy bits.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’m disappointed! I would have expected at least one “it’s your choice, of course, but softy bits are stupid” posts. Similar posts are a guarantee with any discussion of filters.
Also, I’ve been meaning to check out surgical tubing for this purpose for a while. Something a little more low profile than traditional softy bits (even though I cut off the button) would be nice.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I can't stand softie bits, but for those that like them, esp. those who need them, it's a smart move.
Tmt- Looks like my computer, an MBPro 2013 edition.... It just won't quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.