PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
One of the results of getting old is that your body parts begin to wear out.In my case it's my gall bladder.Tomorrow morning I'm going in to get it removed.I don't know how much pain is involved or when I will be up to posting here again..Very soon I hope..As some say..I will see you on the flip side.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Kind thoughts, and best wishes headed your way Puffy. Get back to us soon, okay?
Best,
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Good luck Puffy, my wife had hers out 3 years ago. 3 or 4 days in the hospital and told not to lift anything for a month to six weeks. She was back to normal (aside from the lifting) in about a week. I hope the process goes smooth and recovery is speedy. Take care
Brian

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Puffy my son, 48 had his out, the only down side is some foods you may not be able to eat or very little of it. Very small insion, they actually suck it out. Used to be major surgery but now it's not. Take care of yourself not too many of us old farts left. You will do fine.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
There's a relatively new procedure where your gall bladder can be removed through your mouth. I doubt you are going to have done that way, but recovery times are very quick from what I've seen.
Good thing you aren't having it done at my hospital. The power went off at 7PM last night and still is not back on. All surgeries (around 40 cases) have been cancelled. Kind of cool because now I get a day off!

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Puffy, may God's hand be on you and may He guide the doctors in your surgery and treatment. In Jesus' mighty name. Amen.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Safe passage and an easeful recovery to you. When you get feeling pretty good, take it easy, don't push too hard.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Best wishes Puffy. I had mine out in my late 20's, the year before surgeons started using the endoscopic technique. I was filleted open like a fish. It's far less invasive these days.
Some things that are high fat, you won't be able to eat. But mostly you may find that you have far fewer problems with digesting food.
Hopefully the nurses will be pretty.
BTW, I still have the container full of gallstones that the surgeon removed. They're rather interesting. According to my surgeon I had the largest bumper crop of gallstones that he had seen in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.