PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I just opened my 1st tin of Sunset Breeze and found it to bite a bit and also fairly bland in my 1st couple bowls. I am currently leaving the tin open in my den to try to dry it a bit to see if this will help.

Any other Sunset smokers that can let me know their take on this tobacco? I guess I expected a bit more from this tobacco than what I experienced from it so far.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I found it much better once dried. I didn't have any bit issues, but I smoke it in my brighams so that may help.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
It wasn't all I expected either, no bite for me, but I found it burned hot and somewhat unevenly. I wasn't horrible, but I doubt I'll ever buy a tin again.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I ordered a few tins based upon some recommendations and I find it very average and nothing special. It doesnt suck per se but nothing special compared to my Hobits Weed or Boswells aros.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I'm not big on arose, which is probably why I love this tobacco. I find it to be delicious. It has just the right amount of topping to still taste like tobacco, and yet surprisingly fruity. I even like mixing it with Virginia flakes.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I just finished up a small bowl in my Brog #14 churchwarden after letting it dry a bit. Much better but I agree with zonomo

I ordered a few tins based upon some recommendations and I find it very average and nothing special. It doesnt suck per se but nothing special

I will let my 2nd tin sit for awhile in my cellar

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
AI found the last 1/3 of the tin the best, dried out and let it sit a mason jar for about a month. Bought another after that, letting it sit for a while before even attempting. Will keep buying for sure.....

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
05, Sunset Breeze is the little brother of Conoisseur's Choice. Very mild, but tasty, smells pretty good. I prefer Conoisseur's over Sunset any day.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
I was given a sample of this ages ago amd it was amazing ... no bite , burnt well and intense flavors ut I did get vanilla for some reason .... I ordered 2 tins and popped 1 straight away ... it was good but not as nice as the sample amd the flavours were different more fruity and that amaretto. Turns out the sample was aged ... so the 2nd tin is sitting in my cupboard mellowing . Straight out the tin it was a nice smoke but not as good as some that had dried and mellowed.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Peterson makes the Connoisseurs choice, and I would agree it is much better than Sunset Breeze. It was my first tobacco and it looks beautiful in the tin with the broken flake and other leaf and has a lovely smell to it. Sunset breeze burnt hot and had a very generic flavor, will not buy it again.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I may be lucky in that the tins I bought were 4years old, so when I popped the first I guess the age helped it a lot

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Sunset breeze did have a bite when I smoked my first bowl of it, but once I let some dry out for about 40-45mins by a window in the afternoon it smoked even better and stayed well lit. Let it dry abit grab some tobacco and lightly pinch it with two fingers, if some of the tobacco stays stuck on your fingers it's still moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.