PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I'll be the first to admit that I've had my fair share of demons in life, and my weight has always been the biggest one of them. When the misses started having all the medical problems she was having and I had to step into the role of being her caretaker, I decided that enough was enough. I snapped to my senses and realized that something had to be done if I was going to be there for the woman I cared about. I set out to take charge of my life and my health. This was June of 2013. I'm now happy to report that exactly one year later, I have succeeded in losing 100 pounds. It has been the absolute hardest thing I have ever done but has been the most incredible journey of my entire life. For comparison, here is a pic of me when I was at my heaviest, 330 pounds:

And here is a picture of me two weeks ago right before my workout, a brand new me, 228 pounds:

This experience has taught me the value of hard work, dedication, and doing what is right for your health. It's been a little weird adjusting to being this light but I feel better than I ever have. I also hope to be a little more active on forum life now, so you'll all have to get used to my ugly mug once again, but I just thought I would share my story and hope that it will show at least one person that it can be done, it just takes discipline and willpower.
EDIT: Links should work now. Damn photobucket threw me off cause they've swapped everything around.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wow! That's truly inspirational. Congratulations! I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life and seeing this makes me realize its time to get moving again. I have some knee surgery pending due to a tear I sustained while falling on the ice this winter and once that is done I hope to get my head and butt in gear.
I'd love to hear how your pipes fit into your routine if you care to share. Take care.
Brian

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Congrats! It's definitely inspiring to see others having success with losing weight. I've personally been big my whole life and am planning on making some big changes in the near future. With three kids to think about, it's probably about time I start thinking about working my way out of the 300+ club. I know it can be done, just have to get off my butt and do it.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Congratulations! I know how hard that can be; My brother and I trained for months to do a half marathon and he managed to drop 60lbs. Keep up the good work!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations. The older you get, the more difficult it is to lose weight, let alone keep it off, so fight

to maintain your healthier weight. You'll avoid all kinds of health problems, like diabetes and joint failures

in knees and hips, etc., sleep apnea, and so on. Though I was always a really thin person -- disturbingly

so at one point, despite three hearty meals a day -- I still ended up carrying too much weight for my

history and frame. Trying to avoid crossing the diabetes line, I have to snack, which I have never done,

so losing weight at this point, though it might be desirable, is neigh unto impossible. So hew to the line

and be proud of the impossible feat you have performed.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Congratulations! I will keep your success in mind as I work on my own goal for this year...

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
That is just incredible.
I can totally agree-one of the hardest things to do in life is change a habit from childhood.
I too suffer and have fallen off the wagon, so to speak.
Today is the day I jumped back on!
Good for you and your family.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Congratulation! I wish you continued success and improved health. In the last few years I lost 30lbs and cut my cholesterol levels in half, my blood pressure and resting pulse rate are considerably lower and my BMI is now at the upper-end of the healthy range. Your results dwarf mine; you must feel great!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Congratulations on a fantastic achievement. The feeling of empowerment you get from taking control of this and succeeding will spillover into all aspects of your life!!
Humans were not designed to be obese. I've helped a few friends with this issue and for those reading and struggling with their own problems, I offer this one single piece of advice, before all else, before any diet or workout regime. It will truly change your life. One simple rule: don't eat any 'food' that was designed in a corporate boardroom. In other words: if you can pick it, pluck it, or throw a spear at it - eat it.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
You gain it a day at a time…you lose it a day at a time…My wife Greta and I have been in the gym 6 days a week for almost 3 months….It makes a huge difference in how you look and feel….

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats pipenovelist, that's a very impressive accomplishment. Thanks for sharing (good to see you back too).

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
That's fantastic, great work. Your journey is an inspiration & proof that a person can accomplish almost anything once they set their mind to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.