PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
I hate the huge warning labels they put on smokeless tobacco products, and this is just more proof how they just put uneducated scare tatic tags on everything.
So here you go, "Don't sniff that stuff... It'll make your teeth fall out!"
426188_539346466082840_425609215_n.jpg

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
You should see the ones they put on smoke packs here in Canada. They are pretty gruesome. I'll try to post a pic in a bit.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I think the labels that say, "Tobacco is addictive" is stupid for the very fact that anything can be addictive! Can you image how many labels that we'd need. "Coffee is addictive", "Cookies are addictive", "Hamburgers are addictive", "Beware Sex is addictive (for condom packs)", "Alcohol is addictive", "Sitting is addictive (for chairs)", "TV is addictive", etc. Unlimited labels; they're coming; obvious social engineering!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea, I really don't think they serve much purpose. They are about as useless at "Caution: Hot" is on a Styrofoam coffee cup. Well no shit Sherlock. That is really dumb to put a gum disease and tooth loss label on a can of sniffing snuff. :crazy:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Thats too funny! Next thing you know my Quaker Oats will say may contain oatmeal!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
im sorry, I still think one of the stupidest (yet funny) is the hair dryers with the label that warn you against using the dryer in the shower or even better yet while asleep! LOL

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm failing to see the logic in something you sniff giving you gum cancer or making your teeth fall out. Wouldn't logics say it could screw up your ulfactory nerves and cause nosebleeds first? And yes, these scare labels are rediculous. Thank God America doesn't have them... yet.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
If you're referring to that particular label on sniffing snuff, I'm not sure. But I can assure you that copenhagen, snus, and all other types of smokeless tobacco have huge warnings all over them sold in the US.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
The pic I posted is from a US sold product. Sad part is its a repackage from the English snuff company Toque snuff. To sell it here they had to ad the american warning labels. Just sad and utterly pathetic. And yes on Cope, Skoal, and all other cans of dip the warnings labels are huge. Taking up a 3rd of the lid and on the side as well.
I just find the whole thing ridiculous, worse part is some less than educated folks actually use these things as ammo in anti tobacco arguments.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
+1 lordofthepiperings, I got a tin of FVF from Mrsnuff (in Europe) and the nastiest pic was on it. I tore that sucker right off(is that legal?)
My favorite warning is "WARNING: COFFEE IS HOT!!!!!"

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Just wait until cigars come with graphic rotting teeth and lung cancer photos on the band!

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Just wait till teens start collecting the graphic gruesome warning pictures off of cigarette packs like "Garbage Pail Kids"!
I laughed at first then realized... I would have done this when i was a kid.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!
affraid.gif

Possibly the most dangerous thing on the planet.

A little knowledge can be a terrible thing.
4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right - or the cake is a lie!

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips

splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon

For a fudgier version, omit egg!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow5n1NvS0f8&feature=player_embedded
:D

bayoubreeze

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
Now, Lawrence ... you forgot to warn people to be sure to poke a hole down the center of the mug-cake before they poured in their coffee. After all, a very serious burn could result with that hot coffee splashing all over the place. :wink:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Some countries are leaning towards generic packaging with just the name of the product to differentiate between brands. It's mostly talked about with regards to cigarettes, but I'm sure something similar would also apply to the other forms of tobacco.
That'd be a sad day with a huge loss of history and character as the revered brands would cease to have a physical presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.