PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The third, but by no means the least, of the three John Cotton's mixtures revived by Russ Oullette, John Cotton's Smyrna is a rich satisfying smoke. While JC Mild was a perfectly balanced quartet, and JC 1&2 Medium was a harmonious duet, JC Smyrna is a rapturous trio. What all of these mixtures share in common are perfectly proportioned components, which complement each other to arrive at a sum that is much greater than its parts.
The trio is sweet and smoky latakia, sweet, sour and spicy orientals, and smoothly sweet Virginia. It happily takes to the match, burns well and easily, producing creamy clouds of smoke, and leaves a dry bowl. Richly flavorful, this is tobacco to savor while wrapped in contemplation.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo sab
Excellent musical analogies. It's interesting that the No.1 is the quartet - it is indeed amazingly complex, so hard to do for a light Lat. Actually, the harmonious resonance of the Smyrna makes me think of a symphony. Try it in wider chambers with some depth and let the flavors develop.
hp

les

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
You guys are killing me! These reviews DO NOT make the wait for these blends one bit easier!
Plugugly

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Lesand Sable Ijust finished a sample of this in a MM Tom Sawyer. I found the lat to be in the back ground supporting the Orientals and Virginias. I really enjoyed this smoke.
John

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Les and Sable I just finished a sample of this in a MM Tom Sawyer. I found the lat to be in the back ground supporting the Orientals and Virginias. I really enjoyed this smoke.
John

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
You guys are killing me! These reviews DO NOT make the wait for these blends one bit easier!
Grin...
We have samples and when those run out, we'll be waiting right along with you.
And we'll know what we're waiting for, and don't have anymore, which may be worse...
These are "good stuff"!

Status
Not open for further replies.