PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I just got my first tobacco tins in.Mac baren 7 seas royal and vanilla cream.They were vacuum sealed when i opened them but I was wondering if the cans are air tight after opening or if i should put them in a mason jar?Also if anyone has smoked the vanilla cream wondering if they think i smells a bit like bannana nut bread lol strange I know but i dont smell much vanilla..Can't wait to smoke them

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
After you pop them the tins work fine for the short term; if you just plan on smoking all of it, but I would jar what you expect to last longer than a month. My preferrence anyway; do what you will, but I must insist you enjoy that 7 seas; it's one of my faves.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Once you've cracked open the tin I would say the tobacco should definitely go into a jar. Never had either of those blends to help you with your other question, I smoke MacBaren 7 Seas Regular and Mixture Scottish Blend.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Im sure i will enjoy what ever I get to partake in tonight since I havent been able to enjoy a smoke all WEEK lol

I just noticed that the tins have a some what rubberized seal in the lid may need to do some experimentation.Thanks guys

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I store all my open tins in a plastic tupperware like container that is air tight. It will keep my open tins fresh for months.
Me too, those work great for keeping an open tin fresh.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
so what about un-opened pop top tins? can I store them like that?

johnbarclay

Lurker
Apr 18, 2013
Here is the dunhill sale:

Dunhill Flake - 5 tins

FM Cellar - 2 100gr. Tins

C & D Pegasus - 1 tin

C & D Aged Burley Flake #3 - 1 tin

Erinmore Flake - 1 tin

Solani Aged Burley Flake -1 tin

Sutliff Man's Best Friend - 1 tin

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
Ive been trying to develop a good cellar stash in case the government decides that I don't have the freedom to buy tobacco, and as far as unpoped tins go, Ive been vacuum sealing them, and putting the bags in small airtight rubbermaid containers, overkill maybe but should survive pretty well even if a tin seal goes bad. opened tins I keep in a humidor set for lower humidity than you would use for cigars, but still sealed up as tight as I can get them on there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.