Stopped in at Tewksbury Co. (Hobbits Weed)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey everyone just got back from a great trip to Denver. Despite the -8 degree weather it was an awesome time! I attempted to sing and play the guitar at the "Americas Got Talent" auditions and I did pretty well considering it was my first audition or anything of this nature. While I was in Denver I stopped in to Tewksbury Co. for some of the famous "hobbits weed" I hear so much about. I picked up 2 oz of Hobbits Weed, 2 oz of Caribbean Cavendish, and 2 oz of Celtic Blend... I am not a big aromatic fan at all but I though I would give the hobbits weed a try. It actually is a pretty tasty and pleasing blend, even if your not a big fan of aro's. It has a great room note and unlike most aromatics that I try, it does taste very similar to how it smells... The Celtic Blend is a pretty heavy English blend with a great taste.. It comes from a man in Edinburgh, Scotland and makes you feel like your in the UK walking the cobble stone streets! I recommend you stop in to this tiny little shop in downtown Denver if you are ever there...

Yeh, it does have a nice taste, but without the catchy Tolken name that seems to make most pipe smokers weak in the knees, it would just be an odd cherry blend. I still occasionally will dip into a small stash of it when I am smoking around others.
A lot of people recommend their Nosferatu blend also. It's a latakia/ aromatic mix, with the aro part being a strong anise (or licorice) taste.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I can't do fruity blends, not for me. Next time I get a chance to go down there I'll be trying something else.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I am awaiting my order of Hobbit's Weed from Tewksbury. Unfortunately, they do not ship to Canada. Fortunately, my son lives in Ohio and I have them ship it to him and he will bring it with him when he comes home for Christmas. I really like Hobbit's Weed. I am not into aros but it makes a nice break from my usual English blends. Enjoy!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Alas, no shipping to Washington. But a friend sent me a sample, and it's a nice, mild smoke. How did the audition go?

Status
Not open for further replies.