PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I finally got my 24 ounce of LBF in and dove right in.
Lemony citrus tones with a bit of Perique spice and a bit of cavendish sweetness.
Two flakes rubbed out and jammed into the Stanwell #185 provided 90 minutes of goodness.
Verdict: GET SOME
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Stick some in jars, come back in six months, you'll be more in love. It gets that much better!

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I just pinched a bit out of the pound I’ve had jarred up for a year and must say it’s really smoothed out, and gotten much tastier. I cant wait to revisit next year.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
^^^ Yup [chasingembers]! There's a reason they promoted 'im to Cap'n!
I try to keep one lbs (each) of Luxury Twist, Navy Flake, and Bullseye is the cellar with at least a years worth of age. Stokkebye makes some tasty, no-nonsense Virginia blends (that really shine with age). ... and flakes to boot! Win-win!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Jay stock that stuff away and come back to it in 3 years! It's amazing how dark it gets and relatively quickly.
I also love LTF. So far I haven't learned to love their navy flake.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I smoked it fresh, it bit me a little, no deal breaker, but noticeable. So I've had it jarred for about two years and I am preparing to be delighted when I finally dip into that jar. PS does fine work. I like the Pistachio aro and Proper English among others.

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have a pound jarred that just hit the two year mark. Should be really special when I decide to try it. Too many other jars going on right now.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good haul, Jay. Good to see you are getting on with VA’s. When you master this you may very well want to revisit a McClelland VA or a Gawith VA. I know you said you suffered through the Red & Black but I’m betting you’ll come around to it in time.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
A couple days ago I opened a jar that had been sealed about a year ago. Already darker and mellower!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Fresh it's like smoking cardboard.
If that cardboard is covered in whatever they use to glaze donuts (rumored to be a mixture of whale semen and confectioner's sugar).

Status
Not open for further replies.