Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I am going to be interviewing Erik Stokkebye.
Please let me know if you have any questions you want me to ask.
Aside from their own Stokkebye tobaccos they also distribute:
Orlik Tin Tobaccos

W.Ø. Larsen

Stanwell Tin Tobaccos

Erinmore Tin Tobaccos

Escudo Tin Tobaccos

Balkan Sasieni

Skandinavik

Sail Tobaccos

Troost Tobaccos
I am looking forward to comments and questions.
Thanks

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Kevin:
This is great.
I personally think PS is the, all things considered, top pipe blender out there. Simply excellent blends and amazingly good prices. I could get by with only their stuff if I had to. The entire luxury line, including Bulls Eye Flake, English Luxury, Luxury Navy flake, is excellent.
I'd like to know to what degree do the individual brands remain well...individual. Given the conglomeration of brands and blends under one big umbrella, do they still remain intact in relation to blend recipes, blending techniques etc?
Common belief is that a blend "ain't like it used to be" if it changes ownership. The most frequent examples are the Dunhill blends after purchase by Orlik.
So, what is the approach. Do blends start share common varietals to leverage economies of scale? In other words would we see Escudo and Luxury Bulls Eye flake start to share the same VA component for instance? Or do they remain stand alone originals?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Stokkebye tobaccos are in my less than humble opinion the best value for the money out there. No real questions though for you to ask.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I would be interested to know the stories behind some of the blends. Like what blend was the most fun to create. There has to bee a good laugh somewhere in the history like any good workplace. Maybe ask what he thinks of the state of pipe tobacco production and where pipe smoking might be headed. As a pipe smoker in my 20s I'm sort of interested to hear how a fellow pipe smokers preferences, I haven't smoked long so I guess Ill leave the professional pipe smoking questions to you guys in charge.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
One thing I have wanted to ask Stokkebye: is Balkan Sasieni the same as Balkan Supreme?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Let him know that the Balkan is my personal favorite from Stokkebye.

I wish I did have a question for him.

I look forward to the read.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I was a died in the wool Dunhill man. Very loyal. Went to Dunhill for every genre. Stokkebye has replace Dunhill for me. I hope they keep their American market open.

Status
Not open for further replies.