PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Just got this in:
Cellar_zpsa666a92d.jpg

A lot of new tobaccos for me, but at the price, I had to try them. This with my 1 pound of Squadron Leader is the real start of my cellar.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Nice Dan! I have two big tobacco orders (for me anyways) on the way so I can really start cellaring my favourites.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Is this just the start of getting some tobacco stocked up,or do you intend to hold on to these for a long time? I ask because aros do not age well. They are meant to be smoked now.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I will be smoking them on off for now. This is me stocking up against price fluctuations. I like some aromatics, but I am more a light English blend kind of smoker. Squadron Leader, Bombay Court, and FMC are probably my favorite tobaccos. That being said, the cinnamon was actually quite good. The black dansk and cherry bonbon are ok. Those two were much better with a filtered pipe. As of right now I only own one pipe with a filter. I may actually pick up one or two more just for the super sweet aromatics. The Oriental Supreme was ok. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to SL, FMC, or Bombay Court. Unfortunately this isn't it. The Luxury Bullseye was definitely the best tobacco of the bunch. I will be ordering a lot more of that here soon.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Dan, I like the LBF as well.

I have some LTF that has aged about a year that is pretty good also.

See you at work.

Lawson

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Ah, OK - if this is for smoking now,it doesn't matter as much.

Hm - less expensive alternative to Squadron Leader. Have you explored the Altadis bulks? I have both Balkan II and Byzantium onhand. Majestic English is pretty decent - I would consider that a full English. Heavy English didn't have enough lat for me, but might be a good substitute for SL, etc - and it's only about $8.50 for 4 oz. at P & C.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
We have several threads on cellaring.... and I've always been all for it. It's been getting more and

more of a thing to do.... it's a needs to be done now thing for me. I have tobacco aging, some for quit a while. But

if you're just gathering.... there's nothing wrong with that either. Get all you can get, and get it quick!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I just ordered about 2pounds from a couple different vendors. trying to stock up now as our horrible tax situation in Canada is about to get a whole lot worse. Lets see what customs does!

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
hey brdavidson , as a Canadian also I have noticed that if I order my tobacco from smokingpipes in quantities of 8oz or less I usually do not get charged nay duty or taxes. With the shipping rates from smokingpipes being very reasonable to Canada I just order more often & keep my oders at 8oz at a time. Its a bit of a pain but way cheaper than paying duty & taxes.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I know I complain about the prices of tobaccos like SL, FMC, and Bomgay Court; but I love them so much that I will just end up stocking up on them.

kenoshakid

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2013
I haven't tried any of those, but I've heard wonderful things about Luxury Bullseye Flake. Nice haul, dpkrause.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
If you're looking for a decent bulk English on the lighter end of things, try Rajah's Court by Cornell & Diehl. I think it's excellent and it can be had for 30 a pound or so.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Good start. I had just a few modest jars and before I new it, i have 2 shelves of the stuff. :mrgreen:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Every large cellar starts with a single step, err, jar :) Onwards and upwards, my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.