PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Ya know... I'm sitting in my bed, smoking a few bowls, finishing homework for school, and I've ran into an issue...
I have no where to put my pipe when I need to rest it for a few minutes...
Any suggestions on a cheap stand? Preferably nothing more than 10$ which is also portable. Thank you guys!

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
You want it to sit on the floor and be accessible from the bed? A smoking stand, right?
I have one of these.
20110928-011n.jpg

A similar one would be easy to make out of wood though.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a couple old leather wrist bands I use exactly for that purpose. And when you're on the go, it's perfectly portable. Snap it on your wrist and carry it with you. And when you're smoking, simply take it off, snap it closed again, and instant pipe stand.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
A pipe cleaner! fold it in half an spread it into 2 legs an put the fold in the stem an presto. Works great an CHEAP keep one in your wallet or pocket. I do it all of the time.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
You want it to sit on the floor and be accessible from the bed? A smoking stand, right?
I mean, to sit on the bed and to put the pipe down for a minute on some kind of stand... Preferably something I can use in other places.
I have a couple old leather wrist bands
Do you have a link at all to this? I'd be willing to wear one for ease.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
A pipe cleaner! fold it in half an spread it into 2 legs an put the fold in the stem an presto. Works great an CHEAP keep one in your wallet or pocket. I do it all of the time.
Just tried that, but the bowl kept making it fall over.
And, the standard egg carton works well too.
Didn't think about that! I'll have to give it a try.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
An old belt would make you several in just a few minutes.
il_340x270.437311509_mbfo.jpg

Search for leather strap pipe holder for ideas...

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Ohhh, scrooge, that worked much better...
I may be able to use one of my old belts as well.

Jan 8, 2013
Do you have a link at all to this? I'd be willing to wear one for ease.
Something as simple as this. Mine are just black wrist metal studs. https://www.amazon.com/Hamoery-Leather-Bracelet-Braided-Wristband/dp/B01LXSFJM1/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1507517205&sr=8-27&keywords=leather+wrist+bands
The one Ken showed would be easily made with an old leather belt too.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
A bean bag. Similar to those used for corn hole/bean bag toss. It should mold to your pipe and the shifting mattress.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, it is a really a neat thing. I can't remember where I got it, I think at a yard sale in North Dakota, many years ago. Mine doesn't have the ash tray/cup thing. It was missing and I have never found one. It hooks under the dragon's front feet and sits in the middle of the tray part. I actually like it like it is, with no ash tray.

vokaa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2017
Why not just lay it down?
I'd like to show off the pipe properly, not just allow it to lay flat on a table, I feel that doesn't do it justice.
Thank you for all the suggestions guys! Very helpful.

Jan 8, 2013
I'd like to show off the pipe properly, not just allow it to lay flat on a table, I feel that doesn't do it justice.
I'm the same way. I feel like I'm mistreating my pipe if I just simply lay it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.