PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
250g for 24.99.
https://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/samuel-gawith/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=44660

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Strange to see a sale on such a good flake that isn't exactly over-produced. I would be all over it if I didn't already have a lifetime supply.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is certainly a good price. I finished loading up on bulk St James back in 2012. The only SG I have been buying are tins of St James Flake. I think I have accumulated about 75 tins over the last few years.
When I was buying bulk of the St James price was around 48 for 5 pound lots which at the time was a great deal. Back then SG flakes were tough to find. I got all of mine from small mom and pops.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
The St. James Flake is still on sale for $24.99 and when I bought it they also let you get Escudo for $8.68 a tin so I picked up and extra 4 tins for the cellar. I just checked and the Escudo is no longer on sale. I am just so thrifty.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'm really interested in this offer but the packing integrity gives me pause.
I need this stored for the next fifteen to twenty years, jarring is not an option and I want to respect the original packaging.
Any random thoughts/ideas would be welcomed.
Fnord

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Fnord, the package is not archival quality. You will need to repackage for extended storage.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I disagree. I've previously purchased an old box from PipeStud in original packaging and it was absolutely perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.