PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
A tin of smokingpipes.com's Squadron Leader with perique sold last night for $41.00 on Ebay. It was tin #1393. I had been thinking about popping open the one tin I bought, #101, but perhaps I should wait.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Did you buy it tosmokeone in two,thousand or to remarked. If so stock mkt is better. Shel

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
LOL....saving it for a year or two was my original intent but every now and again I get a little voice inside my head that says something like "You could get run over by a bus tomorrow and then someone else would get to smoke your tobacco" and it makes me reconsider saving it. No, I am not crazy, I have been tested. Really.
Sammy

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I got two tins when it was released and immediately popped open one tin, smoked some and also gave out a sample of some to a member here to try out. It's tobacco and meant to be smoked, so... smoke it. Other than that, I found it to be good, but in my opinion, nothing all that special.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I got to sample some at the NOLA pipe club meeting in April. I felt that the Perique was overpowering the Orientals, and though it was a very good tobacco, I felt that aging would benefit the blend by giving it more time to mellow. Of course, you could open it, try it, then jar it for two years, but that might change the outcome. If you have 2 tins, it might be an interesting experiment to open one and then jar it, and compare the two in a couple of years.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I just finished a tin. It was good at first and seemed to get better over the month. A little smoother?
Anyway I have a few left and I'll let them age. If there is any value in them above the $10, it is that they are numbered. However I could be persuaded to trade a tin if someone had something interesting.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
One of the attractions of our hobby is that it is relatively easy to stash stuff away because there are so many other blends available to keep me entertained while the stash ages. But for my tastes, SLAP was delicious right out of the gate.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I got 4 tins when it came out and I'm gonna let it sit for awhile before trying it. I have so many opened tins right now that need to be finished first so it will be a very long time before I get around to smoking any SLaP. :puffy:
Come to think of it I have yet to try the original Squadron Leader??

Status
Not open for further replies.