PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Was wondering if any of you had a load of Squadron Leader in cellar.I would like to buy or trade for a tin.Never tried it,would like to.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
problem is they want $18.95, each
SimpsonsSpit-Take.jpg

That said, I'll check my local B&M and see if they have any in. If they do, I'll report in and sell it to you for the same price, plus shipping of course.

Jul 12, 2011
I have a few tins snagged, will pop one to try and if only so/so for me, I will sell/trade with ya fullbent

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
OK, Fullbent, PM me. Let's see whatcha got. I have a couple of tins that have been sitting around for a few years. If I haven't cracked 'em by now, I'm sure we can work out a deal. Money? No. Trade? Yes.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I regret that this is one blend I haven't tried. Finding it anywhere in stock has always been hit or miss for me.
I keep it on my "I'll get some one of these days" list.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
My daughter was in London for a wedding last week and she stopped by last night for dinner and had presents for us, we were careakers of her garden in the heat last week. She gave her mom some cooking herbal stuff and for me it was a tin each of Squadron Leader, Skiff, Celtic Talisman, and Players Navy Cut Flakes. Gotta love the kids. Haven't tried any of them previously, hope she also did her Christmas shopping while she was there. She had the B&M's card and said he would ship, but I'm sure that won't be cheap.

Jul 12, 2011
Pop that Tin and enjoy! SL is a GREAT smooth med-English smoke and has become one of my favorites....some US online

Sites still have it...so stock-up

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm keeping my eye out for it locally. With the SG blends coming back in, one of the B&M's is bound to have some...
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Ted, if I had more cash on hand to buy more than just a tin or two, I'd totally be picking stuff up from smokingpipes.com, but since I have to add shipping, it makes paying a bit more for a tin locally still cheaper than a tin plus shipping from smokingpipes.com. Rest assured, when I get a significant amount saved up for another TAD run, SP will be the first place I look. If I can keep the TAD monster at bay until then... :wink:
-Jason

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Let us know what you think fullbent. I recently acquired about 150g of the stuff and I'd say it's well on its way to become a regular part of my rotation...assuming it continues to be available.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I bought a couple pounds of SL a couple years ago already aged a couple years. Bought it from another smoker that didn't want it. Got a good price while it was still fairly easy to get.
I love the stuff and just finished off a jar of it. Fullbent, if you like English blends, you will love yours when you get it.

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
Well I finally got to try some of this...so far it's ok. No real complaints with it except that my pipe smells very "gamey" after it cools down, and I have tried packing this loose and firm and have a devil of a time trying to keep it lit. Have been trying to slow my pace down (was up to 15 seconds between draws with previous ??aromatic?? blend)with this stuff I can barely hit 10 seconds because it keeps wanting to go out. Even though there is drinking straw resistance I still find I am sucking my brains out. Any suggestions??

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
digitalshave: I've found some of the Gawith blends need to dry anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before smoking. Give this a whirl and see if it helps.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.