PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So I took the online quiz before taking the test for a boating/pleasure craft license (mandatory in Canada), and to my delight and surprise there was some pipe content.
I can't quite make out the nomenclature though...
screenshot_20190308-174850-600x375.jpg

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Hahaha.

Where is the choice, "Not having enough pipes on board", since there is at least one other adult in the pic? Can't shove-off & get underway without sufficient pipes!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Whoa! Check out the freeboard on the rightmost panel! Stern must be awash!
And what a tough choice- which is bad boating: Not enough whistles, not enough cold drinks, or not enough life vests? Hmmmmmm.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don't see a windcap, he's definitely not concerned with burn out
If the wind is over, say about 15 knots, a windcap doesn't do diddly to protect against burnout. It helps a bit with keeping the larger pieces of burning bits in the chamber, though.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
In German the word for "whistle" is the same as for "pipe". Pfeife. I see the first panel indicates not enough whistles on board. Perhaps this was originally a German language test and a mistake was made in translation. What it means to say is "not enough pipes on board". There is merely one pipe and 5 people. There needs to be more pipes aboard that watercraft!

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
Those pics were just prior to the accident where all that fine tobacco was lost at sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.