Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The Pipes Magazine Radio Show will air TOMORROW, WED AT 12 Noon - Special episode for INTERNATIONAL PIPE SMOKING DAY.
That's 12:00 Noon Eastern USA time on Wed - tomorrow.
Poster-IPSD-2013-Internatio.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Can't wait!
Well, I'm going to have to as most people will be working when this airs live lol.
Brian.... I think a beard might suit you. Look forward to your progress come "No-Shave November" :)
Happy early IPSD everyone!

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
-- Walt,
Right click on the picture. Select save image as. Send to Staples, pay big money. That picture is guaranteed to scare off small animals, children and women.
Brian
PS: No autograph requests will be accepted. 8)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm embarrassed to say this, Brian, but when I first saw this image -- glanced at it for a second -- I thought it was Timothy Dalton!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
BTW, iTunes got this up very quickly! I'm listening to the archived version now. And I have to tell you I'm loving this episode. (I was even happily surprised to hear the new Cup o' Joes commercial, since I didn't like what they were using before.)
BTW, I'll cast a loud vote for having Ted Gage back to talk about tasting/reviewing.
Bob

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
+1 Bob. The robot was pathetic.
But so is the MM ad where a guy with a voice of a 17 year old wants to tell me that him smoking a Missouri Meerschaum while fishing at dawn has been his hillbilly tradition for at least 150 years ...
The smokingpipes.com grandpa is tolerable I guess "... these kids today blah blah blah ...", but they should get out something new. Maybe Russ Oulette can record a personal message / ad for them. "Hi, this is Russ from smokingpipes.com. My blends are so good that people get them tattooed on their bodies. Check them out at smokingpipes.com"
Love the 4noggins one, hot chick with British accent shipping my stuff wherever I want, hell yes!
Great interview with Mr. Gage though. Brian is really developing a great ability for these interviews. Awesome questions, quick thinking, great vibe. He's really starting to get the good information out of his 'victims', even if they are reluctant to give it up at first. There's some great investigative journalism that I like! Way to go Brian!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
hfearly:
I agree about the commercials, but I won't labor it, since I've voiced that opinion too much already. ;)

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Robot?!?! I thought that was supposed to be Stephen Hawking. I don't mind the MM ad with the guy fishing. I honestly can't listen to that blah, blah, blah grandpa ad. Not just for the grandpa, I also find the grandson annoying for some reason.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Haha Stephen Hawking ... just reminded me of this one. Which in turn makes me wonder, why has nobody produced an "Epic Pipe Battles of History", pitching two blends against each other? That would be SO epic!! Video.

Status
Not open for further replies.