PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Being a glacially slow smoker, I don't stockpile much of anything, or a wide variety of different things, but somehow I ended up with both a standard 2 oz. and, on deep discount, the 8 oz. tin/tub. Lately I saw Potlatch featured in the PC catalog with clearance items with no explanation. Has the blend been discontinued? It doesn't really matter, since I'll try the smaller tin eventually, and probably let the 8 oz. age for years to come. But I'm puzzled about the blend in general. Is it discontinued, does anyone know?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know if it's being discontinued but I grabbed 2 lbs on clearance with another 20% discount plus free shipping just in case.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
I've seen it on clearance for 6 months, my guess is that it's a slow mover and they're sitting on too much inventory.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From the tin, it sounds like it has all the right constituent tobaccos, but maybe the proportions aren't drawing big sales. Eventually I'll learn. I think they've (SPC) had quite a success with Plum Pudding, and that may be upstaging Potlatch. Hard to tell what's going on here. Or SPC had high expectations and blended more than the retailers sold. I also have an unopened tin of Plum Pudding so I can compare and contrast.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It's quite a busy blend. Maybe too busy for some.
I piled several pounds into the 'baccy bunker when it first went on clearance.
I just finished my first 8 ounce tin.
HERE is a review I did last year.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great review. I may have gained some ground by letting it sit for a while so the different leaf can meld a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.