PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hmmm, I thought it was a limited run? Guess not. Only have one tin so I still haven’t tried it. Maybe it’s tome to open it up to see if I should order more.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Hmmm, I thought it was a limited run? Guess not. Only have one tin so I still haven’t tried it. Maybe it’s tome to open it up to see if I should order more.

2019 Edition
Commemorating 140 years of pipe making tradition, Savinelli's 140th Anniversary blend is an elegant mixture of red and bright Virginias, spiced with Orientals and choice dark-fired cigar leaf from Italy, and infused with subtle notes of citrus and wildflowers for a unique and satisfying smoke.

The special dark-fired used in this blend is a staple in Italian cigar production, and is all grown and double-fermented on a singular farm in the Tuscan Tiber Valley region of Italy — a location recognized for its history and tradition of tobacco cultivation dating back to the 17th century.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Get’s really good reviews but a few references to “floral”. Is this anything like a Lakeland? Stil on the fence about lakelands and don’t want to purchase anything else floral until I can decide if I’ll continue smoking these type of blends. I do really like St Bruno but it doesn’t taste soapy at all to me. Thanks.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Well, thanks for sharing, I guess. Just bought more tobacco.... ugh. I noticed that I didn’t get free shipping on my order of over $100 at SP, have they done away with the free shipping? Oh my! I would have ordered a lot more but the more I put in my cart the more expensive the shipping cost.. I am not used to paying shipping and don’t like it one bit. Oi Vey!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
SP is still advertising free S/H on orders over $95 at the top of their home page. Give 'em a call and they will likely fix it.
My recent IPSD order got the promotional free S/H last week.
jay-roger.jpg

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I've read all available reviews and the tin description and I don't get it. Am I smoking the same blend? My 2016 tin mostly smells of fermented leaf. Really not that pleasant, either. The only floral aspect I get is of the cigar or Belgian Semois type, not truly floral as in a Lakeland. The citrus is something I don't detect at all. I don't see how anyone would classify it as an aromatic. It is unlike anything I've ever smoked before, but seems closer to a cigar than your average pipe tobacco.
I'm going to have to smoke more of it before I decide if I like it. It's interesting. The experience is so far removed from my expectations that it's a bit of a mindbender.
I wouldn't normally write about a blend after a half bowl in a clay, but it doesn't take any more than that to realize how different this blend is from the descriptions I've read. Since there tends to be a rush to buy these limited releases, I wanted to share my experience soon.
I'd suggest reading the descriptions and imagine it's for a cigar and not a pipe tobacco.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I was basing my comment on tobacco reviews mentioning the floral aspect and tobaccopipes.com has it listed as an aro.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
It's been so long since there was anything interesting to buy online, I pulled the trigger for 6.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Sounds like being a typical Italian domestic blend such as Golf Armonia, either way,it would a been interesting to give this a try but no way we can risk ordering 100gr tins from smokingpipes.com(50gr is safe bet) and in Italy, their retailing prices for boutique blend are way out of my comfort zone'

Status
Not open for further replies.