PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Southport, from McCranie's:
Oh, my, what a heavenly smoke!! I don't think I could rave about this blend enough to do it justice. From the rich aromas of Virginias when you open the bag, to the heady flavor of exquisitely blended Virginias, this is a truly superb smoke. I literally just kept going, "Mmmm...", the whole time I was smoking the first bowl, the way I do when I'm eating a buffalo rib-eye steak straight off the grill.
The aroma when you open the bag will be familiar to a lot of readers - the delicious "ketchup" fragrance of the same kinds of Virginias that McClelland uses in some of their blends. When I rubbed out the moist flake, the heady aroma of gourmet ketchup flowed up around my face, and my mouth literally started watering.
And the flavor - this is a tobacco that I could smoke all day for the rest of my life in near-perfect contentment. (Aside from my love of trying and smoking different tobaccos. :) )
And Southport adds an intriguing twist. Just after you exhale a puff, and just before you take your next puff, there's a brief, subtle afterglow of Perique that only lasts for a second or two on the tongue and then fades just as you notice that it's there.
This is just a magnificent tobacco blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.