PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Ever since I started back smoking a pipe (Dec 2012) I've wanted one shaped like this. I saw this style on smokingpipes.com and I knew one like that would look great in my collection. When we got to the burner I saw it sitting on the table but didn't want to jump on it right away. I looked at it, picked it up a few times and set it back down. Then I finally pulled the trigger right at the end of the meet. I'm glad I did. I really like it as does my wife (surprisingly enough lol) Thanks for the beautiful piece of art for my collection damnyak! I will smoke it today and post an update in this thread.
img_0444-450x600.jpg

img_0448-450x600.jpg

img_0451-450x600.jpg

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
I'm lovin the danish revival we have been experiencing lately.
Nice one. Let us know how she smokes.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I'm smoking it right now with some Three Blind Moose. Nice smoking pipe, a nice thin bit makes it a perfect sipping pipe. It has a tapered bowl for flake and I love the concentraton of flavour these types of bowls give the smoke. Loving this pipe and it's only the first smoke lol!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks roth! I'm very pleased with it for sure. This one is an estate AFAIK. I will be asking the seller for more info since I forgot what he said when we were at the Burner meet yesterday. I showed my father in law when they were here for dinner tonight and he was very impressed with the piece. He examined it for a good 10min before he said, 'My dad never had pupes this nice, they were usualy square or large round ones.' His dad used to smoke a pipe and he said if he finds his old pipes he is going to give them to me :) He has no idea what they are or what he used to smoke so I hope I'm in for a nice surprise. I've gotten alot of comments from my in laws about my pipes and tobacco. Apparently I'm only the second pipe smoker 'in the family' (alot of cigarette smokers on my wife's side).

damnyak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2012
Northern, Ontario. Canada
@Cavendish. That Soren was/is an estate, I picked 'er up a while ago and it got lost in the midst of a bunch of pipes I had recently acquired, I only smoked it once. But it did come to me quite clean (Oxidization wise) so you could tell the gent took care of his pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.