PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
So today I am relaxing on the couch looking at various pipes on ebay. I came a crossed a unique pipe and put in my queue to watch. Next thing you know my wife says, "go back to that pipe". So I showed her the picture. She asks "how much do they want for it?" I said $450. Her response was you should buy it.
Really came out of the blue. Don't trust her right now. Probably some sort of motive behind her comments.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mine will say, "Bid again!" sometimes during the final seconds of an auction.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Am sure it was a woman who first stated that you can get what you want with more honey and less vinegar."
Actually, I believe that it was a woman, rather than the oft attributed Al Capone, who said, "You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." :)

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
I wouldn't be suspicious but if she said something like " let's have some sex and go ahead and invite that buxom 20 year old secretary of yours over to join us"... Then I'd be extremely suspicious and a little bit worried!e

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm in the unique position of having a wife who'll spend more on pipes for me than I will for myself.

I picked out a Christmas pipe that was on a half-price sale for Christmas, which she gave me, but

then she turned around and bought an up-market Sav for me that cost four times a much on sale.

Wow.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
tumblr_mo8pslhj9D1qf5tr5o3_500.gif

Just my two cents...

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
Alexander the Great went on his massive conquest of Asia Minor because he was tired of his wife nagging him about being, "Alexander the Pretty Good." :D

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
After 32 years of marriage I can state unequivocally "You are being set up". Sometime, somewhere, when you least expect it. BAM, the $450 pipe will rise up and bite you in the ass! :nana: :rofl:

Oct 12, 2014
"Somthing You don't Expect Your Wife to Say"
"Wow, what an amazing room note"

"Ya know, you should buy more tobacco, that cellar is looking thin"

"500 bucks is totally worth it for that pipe"

"Did you see the sale smokingpipes is having on tins?"

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
If your lucky she has bought something about 2x the cost of that pipe, you just don't know it yet.
Otherwise expect to see the MIL dropping by with lots of luggage...

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I just crossed the 6lb mark of tobacco and she says i dont need any more. Luckely she has no clue what i have. Also all my pipes are either given to me or they were only 100.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.