Something To Bring Tears To A Grown Man's Eyes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes, Harley Davidson......what a bloody waste...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-pacific-45022643/duterte-crushes-4m-worth-of-luxury-cars-in-philippines
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Their so-called war on drugs is terrorism verging on genocide. Do I believe they are mostly targeting drug kingpins and dealers? I suspect as many or more random folks, people out buying rice and beans, just for the body count. Sad about the cars, but it hardly compares. It will generate new business for the manufacturers. When I was at Subic Bay, when that was a U.S. Naval Base, I went to the beach on Grande Island, and rode the landing craft out to the island with Philippino marines in full kit who spread out into the beach grass when we got to the beach. It gave me something to think about, sipping my cheap canned beer and taking a dip.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Seems to me they could have fed a lot of poor people had they auctioned those cars off instead of destroyed them. Nice to see Politics are the same wherever you are. Grandstanding ignorance.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm thinking there is a little garage in the presidential palace with some fine new additions of late.
Customs Official: Mr. President! We've seized 100 smuggled luxury sports car and motorcycles! What should we do with them?
President Duterte: Crush all 60 of them!

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
"President Duterte: Crush all 60 of them!"
He is past hope. He is a menace (hope this statement is allowed, if not delete with my apologies).

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I'm thinking there is a little garage in the presidential palace with some fine new additions of late."
Likely and sadly quite true Mike. As others have pointed out....the crushed vehicles could have been auctioned off for the benefit of the poor....and goodness knows, there's plenty of those in the Philippines.
Regards,
Jay.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
The cars, unfortunate, even disgusting. The people, that's sad. :( Duterte's no friend of ours (by which I mean the civilized world), that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.