PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
First of all let me say thanks to whoever it was. This is good stuff. It is a bulk put out by McCrannies. I would call it a ribbon cut red with a hint of burley. It has a nice cool burn with not bite and the flavor profile changes as you work through the bowl. At first it is a simple tanginess on the tip of the tongue but as the mouth gets coated a fruit perhaps sweet plum begins to show itself, but that develops into what I would call chocolate covered cherry, though it isn't really cherry. The fruit notes die off and the chocolate and nut comes forth. The room note is nice and it also gets stronger into the bowl. I don't know who sent this to me. Anybody want to fess up? Packet came and just said "For you to try", with no note or name. I would like to give a thanks in person.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Dave, I droped it in the mail to you last week. I was packing up some for a few people who want to give it a try and since you had sent me your address, I figured I would drop you some as well. Glad you enjoyed it
Wes

www.rebuiltbriars.com

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Aha, ok cool, thanks Wes. I get a lot of packages and I have a hard time keeping them straight sometimes, especially whomI have talked to about what. So thanks, I enjoyed it. I think it would really pair well with a glass of scotch.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
It goes perfect with a Single Malt Scotch at the end of a day. I have extensive experience in this area.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
On their Website (McCranie's Pipe & Tobacco Shop) McCranie's describes their McArris blend as follows: "Created and named for a very special friend. Tom blended a mixture of fine Matured Virginias and a touch of Burley that is cool and rich with a subtle sweetness that doesn't end when you lay down your pipe. This blend is extremely mild but has the balance many pipe smokers seek."
The "Tom" referred to is Tom McCranie, father to Trent and Todd, the Shop's current proprietors.

Status
Not open for further replies.