PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Haven't had much time to post much lately- a lot of very long days trying to keep everything moving forward. Hope to be at Chicago with 15 or 16 pipes- here's a couple I just finished this weekend. The first one had with a contrast stain and ivory I was pretty happy with. The 2nd is my first time with blue cumberalnd- this one had some of the tightest ring grain I've seen…

25spicp.jpg

23tmk5j.jpg

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Looks great! The blue Cumberland stem is nice - that pipe appeals to me more than the top one. Both look very good though - good luck in Chicago!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I've been working on getting a good contrast stain- secret seems to be to use the dark stain, let it rest for 2 days, buff it off with a trip wheel, sand with 1200 grit, and lightly wipe on the contrast color...and then white diamond buff lightly and wax to finish...

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Both are very nice but I really like the second pipe,which is unusual for me--I normally don't care to much for black pipes. Where did you get that blue Cumberland? I just ordered some from Steve Norse--hopes it looks kinda like what you have in that pipe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.