PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Just started organizing the cellar ( http://www.tobaccocellar.com/peckinpahhombre )
Here is what it looks like so far from a long shot:
Note that I still have some space, and haven't needed to moved the Xmas stuff on the top left:

The tins on the left hand side:

Now the right hand side:
Assorted misc stuff at the top (including those infamous 8 oz H&H cans which I will be jarring up soon) and jarried tobacco on the second shelf:

Then, my favourite GLP blends, leading into some LGF, PH, Rattra and Mc stuff:

And the final shelf:

Dec 24, 2012
Now here's the thing: one of the other forum members contacted me and said that, while the flat round tins are great for cellaring, those square and rectangular tins are really iffy for long term cellaring. He suggested I buy large airtight containers with silicone seals to put those tins in as an added layer of protection (and to reduce the chance that outside pressure changes would cause those tins to pop). I am investigating those now. Also the Reiner LGF and PH blends are roll top paint style tins and are thus, in my view, iffy for long term cellaring. I don't plan to jar them up but I do plan to put those in airtight containers as added protection against humidity. Those blends aren't "wet" like Anni Kake, so I am less worried about them rusting from the inside and am more concerned about external moisture causing them to rust.

Dec 24, 2012
Duckfat, those are three acrylic lock jars with silicone seals and inside each one is an unopened 1 pound bag of Dan's limerick. I use the same set up for unopened bags of penzance and stonehaven at the back of the top shelf on the right.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Holy Crap, that is alot of tobacco. Are you getting ready for the zombie's.. I really like those smaller glass jars, haven't seen them like that around my neck of the woods. NICE STASH!!!!!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Humbug! Humbug, I say! That's a day's ration for me!!! :nana: :)
Impressive stash, man!

alancairns

Might Stick Around
Oct 22, 2012
Peck
I believe you are in Canada? How do you get all that stuff over the border? I limit myself to 4 50 G tins per order, and that gets through pretty well, but it would take years to get that amount! And I believe you have done this in less than a year!
Alan

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Please excuse me whilst I go change my undergarments. 8O
Impressive, to say the least. Well done...very well done, good sir. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.