Some bitching about recent visit to a Chinese Pipe Forum.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Since I am from Hong Kong (sad to say Hong Kong is part of China....), I wonder how Chinese people think about smoking pipe. And that's why I visited a Chinese pipe forum....
After reading a few posts right there, I felt very sad and angry.....
Different people (have less than 6 months experience in pipe smoking) showing how many Dunhill pipes they own but nearly none of them even know how to properly clean and smoke a pipe......

Tried to tell them they should use alcohol (salt and alcohol) to clean pipe but they think garlic juice, coffee grounds can do a better job (and they think alcohol cannot kill germs and bleaching stem will poison the smoker)...

And some of them even proud to ruin a pipe (one of them shown a photo of a Savinelli pipe he ruined with the message "feeling great")....

Feeling sad to all pipes that owned by those people and angry with those people's attitude.....
Sorry for saying something like this... but here is the only place I have friend/people that I can talk about pipe....

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
"Chinese Pipe Forum" would make a really cool name for a band

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It probably isn't representative of the country's pipe smokers. There are a few other pipe smoking forums in the US that aren't as good as this one either. I'm sure there are very knowledgeable Chinese pipe smokers out there, something to keep in mind.
By the way welcome to the forum and we would love to see pics of your collection.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Most of the Sheeple , blindly and mindlessly follow along with the others, like you have discovered on their forum....and life goes on in Psycho World :crazy:

adam12

May 16, 2011
LOL @ Baron
"Every time I light up, I hear this song playing in my head..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9FMvfvkBro

adam12

May 16, 2011
Sounds to me like most Chinese pipes smell like the garbage disposal at Nunzio's Pizzeria.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks everyone.. Feel much better now (especially after seeing the reply from Baronsamedi, LoL)
I am not sure should I keep telling them what I have learnt from here or not..

I am not a person who want/like to save/change the world.. (but I do want to save those pipes.....)
Posting my collection? Will do (Properly after I get the pipe made by Ahmet).

I have smoked pipe for about a year and I do have some nice pipes that I really like.

Just don't expect too see some very expensive pipes from me..
Here is a pipe I ordered from Ahmet (some may have see the post that I asked about detail of Ahmet's pipe)

The pictures are taken by Ahmet and the pipe is still staying in the ISC New York when I am typing this message.

Can't wait to smoke it~~

img7402jd.jpg

img7395e.jpg

img7413z.jpg

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I have heard the market in China for really expensive pipes is quite good and still growing. I think most pipe smokers dumping that kind of yuan on pipes are probably pretty intelligent folks (like us) and will treat their pipes well. Personally though I would never ever use anything other than alcohol on a pipe cleaner to clean a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.