PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I got a notification email at 12:42 today letting me know that Iwan Ries has Balkan Sobranie in stock. I just saw the email at 2:45 and they still had it in stock. It's a 2 tin limit at $13.50 a tin. Just thought I'd pass it along in the event anyone was interested.

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
Score! Thanks MN
There's some Esoterica Pembroke available as well, it's a tasty treat.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

long time ago.... is it really that good? better than WK and BH?
I like it a lot and find it better than White Knight and BlackHouse. I'm not sure but believe there to be two different more recent variations? This is just based on my own experience and there is no real fact behind me saying it. I smoked a couple tins in 2012-13 that were not that great. The tins had a strange iridescent green hue to them and the tobacco was fairly boring and bland to me. The more recent tins that I've acquired the past couple of years don't have that weird hue to them and the tobacco has been fantastic tasting. I couldn't find any in 2014 and didn't see it popping back up again until sometime last year. I don't know if the more recent version was redone at some point, but the Balkan Sobranie that I've been smoking from last year and this year has been really good. The flavor profile has that effervescent (snappy) ambergris (oily fat flavor?) thing going on for me and I like the shag cut. I get a similar mix and depth of flavor (maybe even more) with White Knight and BlackHouse, but I don't get the other two unique characteristics nor the cut. It's a preference thing just like with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.