PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuDipDU0jCQ&feature=kp
^This song conveys some of the emotion tonight.
Sparing boring details, I've been drained lately emotionally, physically, and spiritually. My job has seriously cut into my piping, and the few bowls I've been able to grab have either been too rushed to really enjoy, or packed incorrectly, or lighter wasn't working, etc. etc. Tonight, after a very long shift, I accomplished a bunch of things I'd been trying to do at work, which was immensely refreshing after more than a week of frustrating monotony. I got home and finally got to light up a good bowl of something I've been wanting to try, VaPer.But that wasn't all! My father asked me to pack him a bowl. I love my father as much as I can love a human being. I've been able to spend some time with him, but not near as much as I'd like, and I haven't seen him light a bowl in months. He mostly smokes cigarettes. When I asked him what he wanted, he told me to surprise him. I took his pipe and loaded it with Bald Headed Teacher. We stood around the grill and lit up. I loaded his Peterson up perfectly! One light carried him most of the way. We shared precious time over a bowl and barbecued chicken. He loved BHT. He had only smoked Aros and Englishes before, he commented how pleasantly strong it was. And my first taste of VaPer? Perfect. Hit every note correctly. Including a nice satisfying nic hit.
Everything aligned. Two pipes smoking perfectly, good company. That bowl refreshed me and rekindled everything that has been wrong lately. It was like everything was made right. And to top it off, I think I reignited my fathers interest in pipe smoking. Now he knows you can get real tobacco taste and flavor, not just crappy aro taste. I don't know how much of this is carrying over, I just want to share what a gift God and pipe smoking have given me tonight, when everything finally went right and burned away all my troubles. On a side note, I'm now in love with Vaper.
This is what it's all about. Happy piping to all. I hope you all experience nights like this more frequently than myself.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Satisfying end to a shitty week. Well deserved and a bonus that pops could share in it as well.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That's an awesome story. Glad you had quality time with your pipe and your father. And Vapers are like that, they just kind of take you over.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Good story, I caught it all perfectly. Just keep at it, I've got my bowl packing down to an art, and usually it's a one light affair. Don't try to overpack it, I usually do it in one motion now, just fill up with tobacco and gently push down and it's time to light it up. VaPer's are great, my first was McClelland's st. james woods, it was definitely a new experience. I didn't even know it was a vaper until I came here and saw the terms VaPer, VaBur etc.. I think alot of old pipe smokers would become reacquainted with the pipe if they knew how much selection there is now, I think it's just that they've never realized that there are B&M's that sell more than your gas station otc brands.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Yeah..but you never said how the chicken was. LOL..I kid
It's always a great when a son can connect with his old man. Great story, especially with Fathers Day around the corner.

spilproof

Lurker
Apr 29, 2014
Which Vaper? I have been smoking some St James Flake from Samuel Gawith over the last few weeks, and it has really grown on me. Wasn't sure after the first bowl or two, but now I have my prep and pipe choice dialed in, its a heavenly smoke.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
A great night -- sharing and connecting with your father. The best things in life aren't things, they are special moments we share with the people we love.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
A good time with a good friend spending quality time together with perfect pipefuls. Glad you two could share it. Happy puffin',
Dave

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
My dad smoked pipes when I was a kid. Later in life, he put them down. His doctor thought nicotine was probably a contributor to heart palpitations. He passed away two years ago. I never got to share the piping experience with him. If he was still here, that would be one of the first things I'd do with him.
I'm glad you were able to share that bonding time with your dad. Really cool story. I loved the great music selection, as well. Thanks for the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.