PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have to say that there is just something about the OOM Paul shape that does nothing for me. I've seen posts on here about this, guys ask things like what is the shape that you hate or whatever. I know that most guys love this shape, but again I just haven't found one that I like until now. Just won this one and can't wait to have it in hand.

image-28_zps6c4babc2.jpg

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
That's an imposing piece of briar. I'm the same way about bulldogs, but I know I will buy one at some point. Never say never.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have 3 Oom Paul shaped pipes: a Barling, and Edwards, and a Pioneer meerschaum, They have nice, deep chambers, for a long smoke. They clench almost effortlessly. Smoke also tends to go right up the nose from the rim, similar to a nose-warmer. That may be an anatomical issue, however. :D I like them, and I am keeping an eye out for a Peterson in the Oom Paul, I think it is the 02 shape number.

A year ago I would never have bought a bulldog either, and now I have three of those. Never say never.

robusthermit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 9, 2012
Nice pipe, I have always liked OoM Pauls. I am the same way with volcanos. But you never know I may catch my eye some day.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I really like Oom Pauls. That is a nice one, Dave. Enjoy it. :clap:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your new pipe. I am also not a fan of that shape mainly because of the passing of a pipe cleaner issue. I hope yours is a great smoker for you.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I too, hate that shape. I think they are ridiculos looking.
Your particular pipe is almost comically chunky. It kind of works for the shape. Not bad!
But I will not ever own one.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I will report on smokeablility and how it takes a cleaner when it comes. The more I smoke the more I really like bent pipes or good clenchers. We will see how this one fits.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I like the look of your new pipe. I bought this Savinelli and it smokes cool and long.
DSCN0666.jpg

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have a MASSIVE Oom Paul I got from Marty Pulvers. The thing is the size of my fist...and that may actually be downplaying its size. Marty had to write me after I noted my interest in it to be sure that I understand how big it was. He told me I could send it back no questions asked if I was too shocked when I saw it. It is a beast, but hangs and clenchs with almost no effort.

Jul 12, 2011
Got one O~P/Boswell rusticated with smooth rim, dedicated to

Aromatics, great jaw-hanger and does Aro and Burley blends

like no other...give her time/try some different blends... U might

find you really enjoy it

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I guess I can understand how people would find the shape 'rediculous', but I find the bents are just more comfortable to have in my mouth when typing on this forum. :)
Allan

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My lone shape, a GBD Prehistoric (gift from member Weezel, btw.) smokes quite well and hangs just perfectly. It is great for reading and the deep bowl packs a 90 minute or so smoke. This one does not pass a cleaner, as with most Oom-Pauls I suspect.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well I got the pipe, first it is actually a smaller pipe, but the bowl is very deep. 2 really cool things about it. First it was made in Israel and has some Hebrew stamped on the side. The stem is obviously hand cut, and the pipe was unsmoked. That is not the case now, smoked it this evening, nice even draw, hangs great, this pipe may convert me.

Status
Not open for further replies.